Oliphant lake

Eric

I was hoping to take a crack at Oliphant lake and atempted to scout it yesterday. Looking at Google Earth, it seemed like quite a few logging roads nearby. We went on the road to Spectacle lake, Whittaker(?)rd off the Malahat and drove farther up but the gate was locked.
Anyone fished it before? Anyone know of a road maybe from the Shawnigan lake side?
Thanks.

I was told some lakes near the logging roads have gates closed. Logging companies buy lands and have locked up the gates these days.[V] I am sure some other lakes are open around Malahat as I am assuming.

There never used to be roads from the Shawnigan side(Grew up there) and the times we fished Oliphant Lake we went in from the Highway exit.
I phoned my cousin this lunch time and asked him if there was a road coming close to it.....yes , but has been deactivated , the lake contains a lot of small trout with the odd half decent sized one thrown in , great to fly fish there .

Regards

AL

There are ways in [:p], but they have had the main gate locked for a years though. Fun lake to bass fish, none stop action for small ones.

We used to go up to Oliphant from the Cobble Hill/Mill Bay side. We used to follow the old Bamberton Haul road, then up the Power lines. Not sure if I could still find the trails, it's been a few years. Not sure if they're still even there. Quite a hike as I remember.

There is a trail to Oliphant at the back side of Spectacle lake. Its a long way yo pack your fishing gear.

I've been there a few times, hiked in on the logging road next to Spectacle. Caught only smallmouth bass, not sure how they got in there.

Back