Okanagan rivers

wilky1

I’m looking for any input as to where is some good spots to take my son fly fishing for his Birthday in June?
We will be shore fishing and travelling by motorhome so I can’t go off the beaten track to far. Any information would be great and maybe even campsites near the rive as well

rivers and streams are mostly in flood at that time and marginally fishable at best. Potentially dangerous at worst. Most people concentrate on fishing stillwaters (lakes) at that time.

I’m looking for any input as to where is some good spots to take my son fly fishing for his Birthday in June?
We will be shore fishing and travelling by motorhome so I can’t go off the beaten track to far. Any information would be great and maybe even campsites near the rive as well
read the regs, some streams or rivers are closed to fishing as well.. If I were to fish from shore I would goto antler beach outside peachland in the early morning and cast out that way or fish shannon lake in west kelowna.

you can find the regulations for the Okanagan here:link

There is a general stream closure that inculdes all of June though some streams and rivers or sections are exempt.

Back