Okanagan lake reports 2023

Got them all on green plugs… some on the surface and some at 80’. Going about 2.8 mpeven i'm
when i salmon fish plugs i usually set back about 15 to 20 feet off the rigger clip, are you doing about the same? I've had good luck at Shuswap on green 5 inch plugs. More Lakers than rainbows unfortunately.

when i salmon fish plugs i usually set back about 15 to 20 feet off the rigger clip, are you doing about the same? I've had good luck at Shuswap on green 5 inch plugs. More Lakers than rainbows unfortunately.
Try further back - I’ve started having more success with plugs, on the dr if going deep I’m going 40-50 feet back and on surface I’m at least 150, sometimes further. I’m sure you don’t need to go 40+ back if you’re dropping to 60 feet or so, but it allows me to play with depths up and down and still have a bit of a set back from the boat. Rainbows seem to be way more boat shy than other fish.

Will be getting back out there myself after ski season wraps up!

Fished Skaha yesterday... (Close enough to Ok lake) Bit brisk in the morning but apex's on the surface landed 2 with another 3 or 4 solid hits. 1 light bite on the rigger at 90ft that didnt' stick. No size to the boat yesterday but a decent shake down run after a long winter. Got some electrical work to figure out on the boat though.. Riggers were painfully slow and drawing enough power to shut down stereo and fish finder (Helix 7 wont turn back on now?). Kicker still not holding proper RPM even with the Troll Master installed? but otherwise great day.

Heading out tomorrow from Okanagan Center… anybody been out as of late? What’s been working? I’ll probably start with some bigger plugs at different depths. Thanks in advance.

Was out last night and the surface action was unreal… there were fry jumping all over the place. Trout were absolutely smashing my Bucktails and plugs.

Back