offers

If you find a buyer for the boat only, or are willing to separate, I could be interested in the trailer

Obviosly the boat needs a lot of elbow grease and tlc applied. Statements that the boat isn't worth half what the poster is asking is very prejudicial. The power and trailer would be worth close to the asking price if he were to part the boat out. If you were trying to sell your boat I don't think you'd appreciate guys making negative comments about your ride. Certainly the boat could have used a good cleaning up before placing it on the market. Obviously the seller would have done the hard work required if he were not in failing health. Once you become older and a little debilitated you will realize how difficult it is to do the tasks that were nothing when you were younger. Cut the guy a break here, he's obviosly in failing health and just looking to get back some of the money he's invested into his boat. If you don't want any part of buying this older boat that's fine, but why not keep the disparaging comments to yourself. When you get a little older you'll understand how failing health takes its toll. Give the seller a break and let him try to dispose of his boat without dumping on his ride. Selling an older boat is tough enough without having all the boo birds coming out of the internet woodwork.

Just my opinion.

Good luck selling your boat Barry

Thanks Big Guy for understanding. Selling this boat is one of the hardest things I have ever done.
To Aheny.
Because I have no idea what I could do with a boat with no trailer under it I cant see myself doing that. BUT I will say that if someone comes up with a acceptable offer and lives on the island , I would consider eating the cost and delivering the boat over there. With gas and ferry costs that could run me about 500.

in your ad you state

"Dues to advanced age and poor health you can steal this boat and trailer for $5000 firm."

you may want to edit that. personally I think you will be lucky to get 1/2 that. it does bring back old memories as my first boat, about 40 yrs ago, was a 24' fiberdog just like yours

please remove rubbish like this, sell what ya want for what ya want. keep yer opinions to pm's or f off.

Ok. To anyone who needs the trailer. New offer of $4000. Part out the motor and alpha drive and you have the trailer for a lot less than the trailer would cost to replace. There is also some cannonballs under drivers footrest . I think 3 or 4, dont remember.lol. If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can make a deal to move this thing, please jump in.

Ok. To anyone who needs the trailer. New offer of $4000. Part out the motor and alpha drive and you have the trailer for a lot less than the trailer would cost to replace. There is also some cannonballs under drivers footrest . I think 3 or 4, dont remember.lol. If anyone has any other suggestions on how I can make a deal to move this thing, please jump in.

Have you tried posting the boat on Craigslist. My suggestion would be to see if you know a neighborhood kid that wouldn't mind helping clean up the boat for a reasonable price. If you are looking to get some interest in selling the boat itself, then you really need to get it looking a little more presentable. If you're past that point, and just want to part it out then I guess that really doesn't matter.

There is also kijijii for free want adds as well.

Good luck Barry

Kevin, Unable to reply to your email. I appreciate your offer to help. Going away for a few days but will keep it in mind . Thks again

So I ended up working out a deal with Barry for the boat and trailer. My interest is primarily the trailer and I have brought the lot back to Nanaimo and started cleaning it up.

The boat has some good parts and some issues that will require some effort and money to get going.

I'm not sure what the best thing for this boat will be. Seems like I could be brought back to life or could be used as parts for another project.

If anyone here had interest in the boat or the 351 or alpha1 then please let me know.

Back