offers

Barry

I have a 1974 Fibreform 24 ft. It has been repowered with a Ford 351 in place of original 302 and also has been upgraded to an Alpha 1 leg. It has had manifolds and risers replaced and major tune up done. Has New prop and has been serviced regularly. It sits on a 2009 Roadrunner 6000 lb trailer that has only been in the water twice. A lot of money has been spent on maintenance and upgrading but unfortunately it has been in open storage for last 4 years .As you can imagine 4 years has left it badly covered in green stuff from our BC climate. It also has a fairly new full camper top but the snow caused one crossmember to snap . Top was fairly new and should be easy to fix.
Boat shows under 2000 original hours and drivetrain was replaced less than 200 hours ago.
It has a top speed of 40 mph at 3800 and will cruise at 25 mph at about 2800 rpm with present new 16 in 16 degree prop.
The following would be required;
New batteries
Total clean up
Minor top repair
Flush and clean fuel system and rebuild carb due to fuel we are now forced to use.
Note. Trailer has full flush system and load guides to centre boat .It is the new front roller and rear slide type.

Dues to advanced age and poor health you can steal this boat and trailer for $5000 firm. A little elbow grease and very small repair costs and you have an excellent ocean capable boat for 1/4 of my investment.
tinbasher48@gmail.com

You should post boat location. Some pictures would also help.

I will be taking pictures saturday and will either post them late saturday or sunday morning. Boat is located in Vancouver. Sorry I left that info out but most interested parties have been answering this post via emails .

Well I now have the pictures on my pc after lots of trial and error. Problem is I am not sure how to post them on here.I tried one and stopped because it was upside down.Is the upload a file button for pictures

Attachments

• 20160827_114353.jpg
    20160827_114353.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 198
I have more pictures but will wait to see if someone can tell me how to correct the problem with pics being upside down,, Ha Ha "

I will just post them and let whoever is interested rotate them. I also should mention that the boat has alcohol stove, ice box , sink, and table and chair area makes into bed. Has full cuddy and also engine cover converts to a bed. Also separate flush toilet under dash.

Fibre.jpg

Attachments

• 20160827_114306.jpg
    20160827_114306.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 20160827_114319.jpg
    20160827_114319.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited by a moderator:
I noted on the original post that the trailer was rated at 6000 lbs but it is actually rated at 2938 kg which works out to 6463 lbs.

in your ad you state

"Dues to advanced age and poor health you can steal this boat and trailer for $5000 firm."

you may want to edit that. personally I think you will be lucky to get what you are asking. it does bring back old memories as my first boat, about 40 yrs ago, was a 24' fiberdog just like yours

Last edited:
If you had the original 302 version, you are right it was a fibredog. Once i put the 351 in replaced the old MR drive and got the proper prop on it ,it was a totally different boat. It is really sad to see it now. And btw, price out that trailer replacement cost now.
Everyone has the right to form their own opinion on what the boat is worth. I need to hook up my old pc and find picture of the boat before the open storage.

I agree the trailer is worth something, but imho the boat is not. yes mine was the 302 with the electric cable shifter on the tranny, had a lot of fun on that boat.

I don't think its worth crapping on here. While the boat isn't new by any means, for 5k thats a pretty good deal for everything imho.

There is also a fair amount of other things that could be negotiable in any offer or proposal. Depth sounders., downriggers, fishing tackle, rods and reels, etc.

Back