Notice to hunters who go to Saskatchewan to hunt whitetail. FYI

Heads up for those of us Canadians who head back to Sask to hunt the big boys. We now have to apply and pay for a licience online before May 31, 2011. It is not a limited pool, everyone still gets a tag but you are limited to what zone you can hunt.
This is bad news for a household like mine as we cant usually find out if we are able to get the hunting time off until July. If we apply then cant make it, our 3 tags at $150 each really add up. $450 of unused tags in our wallets really hurts.
We now only have 5 days to decide if we are able to hunt in the end of November.
Also... due to the zoneing, I am allowed to hunt on one side of our family farm, but not the other as there is a zone change on our property.
Sorry for whinning.

See link below

http://www.environment.gov.sk.ca/Default.aspx?DN=a89fa746-7a2a-462c-aeae-c46f73f49d74

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for heads up. I go there every fall and get my grain fed whitey. I usually go alone back to family farm. If you are in market for splitting fuel cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about hunting Sask at all... are there any areas that you can hunt without being on private land? Or do you have to get permission to get one.

WOW just did it wasnt to painfull but still a joke and im sure they will be asking me when i get there take some doe tags PLEASE!!!!!!!!! just like last year we cold have got 2 wt doe and 2 mule deer doe tags as there is a huge problem with over poulation and not enough hunters.... different gov diffeerent issues still F#$ked in the head.... be it halibut or hunting....

Back