northriver seahawk

Find a boat yet. Spotted this one in California, http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2006-North-River-Seahawk-604444 , has nothing for hours on the engine. Any reason you are looking for one that is 2008 and up?

Almost makes you wonder, for 10 grand ( plus the 1200 tax ) difference do you go with a boat 8 years old even with low hrs. or new with warranties. Also how firm are they on the new ones. Maybe they have some room lhere? I know your not getting some of the accessories but you can find some of those used. 8 years from now what's the resale on a 06 versus a 2014 going to be with similar hours?
Just wondering.

There have been a number of class action lawsuits launched against Yamaha concerning model year 2000 - 2005 first generation F series 4 stroke outboard motors. The F-225 seems to be the engine that has attracted the most attention with this problem. If you're considering purchasing a boat with this engine - particularly if it has less than 500 hours - tread very carefully! Google "yamaha corrosion problems" and you'll find a lot more information.

thanks northislander that boat has sold a month ago.the reason for 2008 and up i just sold my thunder jet alexic classic jet boat 2008/and i want a newer boat. i am thinking of buying brand new

Nice clean looking boat but there is a big difference between the 20ft and under and the 21ft and over seahawks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

That boat has the 30" sides which are the low sides for the SH model. The 115 will work but the 150hp is the more desired. I do like the 78" bottom on that boat that would have been upgrade I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
i looking at this oneNorth River Seahawk with offshore bracket - $49900 (Ridgefield, Wa)

North River Seahawk with offshore bracket - $49900 (Ridgefield, Wa)

i am looking at this one

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
2008 North River Seahawk with Offshore Bracket
Yamaha 225 efi 4 stroke with stainless propellor
Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke with power tilt, electric start, high thrust (tiller)

2008 North River Seahawk with Offshore Bracket
Yamaha 225 efi 4 stroke with stainless propellor
Yamaha 9.9 4 stroke with power tilt, electric start, high thrust (tiller)
2008 EZ Loader tandem axle trailer with 4 wheel disc brakes, oil bath hubs, led lighting, spare tire

The boat is in great condition and had been well taken care of. I'm the second owner. It has just over 200 hours on the main motor and less than a 100 on the kicker motor. It has a lot of extras:

Suspensions seats with swivels
Dual wipers
TR1 Autopilot system
Dual batteries
CD player
VHF Radio / 8' antenna
Color GPS / Fish finder
4 pole holders
Wash Down Pump'
Full top with sides and backdrop
Boarding ladder
trim tabs
Hydraulic steering
floor fish box
transom fish box
anchor holder on bow
Columbia river anchor set up
full side paint (charcoal metallic)
matching zolatone paint on interior
lot of storage in seats and bow area
70 gallon fuel tank
yamaha digital multifunction gauges
¼" bottom and higher sides on the 21

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat is 20 plus pod when I talk to him he said it was 22 over all. Looks bigger then a 18 to me.

I like the sound of this Seahawk dwflyrod. I would love to have a 225HP on mine but that will have to wait for a few years. If you go to the Yamaha website they actually have the specs of their engines paired up with the 21 Seahawk. Gives you a good idea of performance differences between the 150,200 and 225 engines.

Back