North River Seahawk OS Boats

Falcon

So I did a search on these boats here and only came up with some old threads from 2010 and one from 2014, so, I'm wondering if anyone on the Island runs a newer (2015-2018) one of these? I've narrowed down my search to the 25' or 27' NR Seahawk OS but they don't seem to be as common here as they do down in Washington or Oregon.

I'm unaware of some of the custom shops on the Island that builds aluminum boats, but we definitely want a pilothouse model, wife and I, for a few excursions, not just fishing. Although that'll be the primary purpose.

As far as I can tell Port Boathouse sells these, or you can get one built right from the factory in Oregon (probably cheaper), or you can drive down south and see a dealer stateside.....if you want new. Used at the 25 foot plus length seem hard to come by.

I have a 2018 29 North River OS. What do you want to know specifically?

Last edited:
I have a 2017 29 North River OS. I have owned a Kingfisher 2825, an Eaglecraft 38, 32, and now 33. What do you want to know?
Was wanting to know if you're happy with it, if you've had any issues with it, whether you think it's better to buy in Canada or the USA if you bought new?

Was wanting to know if you're happy with it, if you've had any issues with it, whether you think it's better to buy in Canada or the USA if you bought new?

The boat is very well built and I like it a lot. I am amazed at how it eats the water compared to my 2010 Kingfisher 2825. It does not slam like my Kingfisher did.

I would put the quality at the same level as a semi-custom builder like a Silver Streak. Higher than a production boat, and lower than a full custom boat.

I would buy the boat locally because 1. local support, 2. there is a 10% import duty on USA boats in place currently. Have your local dealer bring the hull in and then power it here. That way you only pay 10% import duty on the hull. Or better yet find one that is already here that the duty has already been paid on.

Here are some photos of my 2018. Boat does 53mph or will cruise all day long at 26-34mph and 1.8-2.0mpg. Power is twin Yamaha F300s with a Yamaha 25hp EFI kicker.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/d/2018-north-river-os-seahawk/6709751195.html

The boat is very well built and I like it a lot. I am amazed at how it eats the water compared to my 2010 Kingfisher 2825. It does not slam like my Kingfisher did.

I would put the quality at the same level as a semi-custom builder like a Silver Streak. Higher than a production boat, and lower than a full custom boat.

I would buy the boat locally because 1. local support, 2. there is a 10% import duty on USA boats in place currently. Have your local dealer bring the hull in and then power it here. That way you only pay 10% import duty on the hull. Or better yet find one that is already here that the duty has already been paid on.

Here are some photos of my 2018. Boat does 53mph or will cruise all day long at 26-34mph and 1.8-2.0mpg. Power is twin Yamaha F300s with a Yamaha 25hp EFI kicker.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/d/2018-north-river-os-seahawk/6709751195.html
That's crazy amounts of money!!!

Beautiful boat! I've admired it on CL before realizing it was yours. I'm not a buyer, although I am curious why you're selling it so soon after purchase?

Reactions: BCI
Beautiful boat! I've admired it on CL before realizing it was yours. I'm not a buyer, although I am curious why you're selling it so soon after purchase?

The North River is a fantastic boat. The 29 and 31 foot models come off their commercial build line which also builds the coast guard and law enforcement boats.

I would not sell it except I am 6’4” and I am about 2” too tall to see from the fishing cockpit to the front without ducking down a bit.

I ended up having a custom boat built which has an extra tall house so I can see through it easier.

If you're 6’2” or less you’ll have no issues.

Last edited:
Very nice boat BCI. Didn't you have an Eagle Craft built? I looked hard at the NR 25' and 27" which are nice too but there is definitely a noticeable difference in the larger commercial grade 29' and 31' from what I could see anyways.

I've seen a couple boats with front mount cameras linked to the rear station screen. Seems like a cheaper option but new boats are better lol

Very nice boat BCI. Didn't you have an Eagle Craft built? I looked hard at the NR 25' and 27" which are nice too but there is definitely a noticeable difference in the larger commercial grade 29' and 31' from what I could see anyways.

Yes I had a 33' x 11' Eaglecraft built. The North River feels like a scalpel and the Eaglecraft feels like a cleaver. Both are fantastic boats for these waters. The North River cuts the water better with it sharp forefoot, but the Eaglecraft just pushes the water out of the way with it's displacement. The North River can do 50mph and can cruise all day long mid 30's efficiently.

The Eagle has cruise speed of 30mph and WOT of 35mph.

I would be happy travelling in either one.

That's crazy amounts of money!!!

I don't think it's too bad. If you consider that there is $65k in Yamaha grey hanging off the back, another $15-20k of yamaha rigging, gauges, props, and install puts you at $85k in Yamaha. Then you have $25k in Simrad electronics installed, $8k of diesel furnace and Wallas diesel stove, $6k in bottom paint, $10k in bow thruster... That's $134,000 accounted for right there.... Leaves only $(319k price less -134k) = $185k for the hull and all the ancillary stuff like fridge, anchor windlass, batteries, diamond sea glaze windows, paint job, aluminum materials and all the labour to build it.

Now it's built in the states so take $185k Cdn, / 1.34 for USDollar = $138,000 USD for the hull and all the ancillary stuff. I couldn't build it for that cheap here. That's for sure.

All of this math doesn't even take into account the 10% import tariff on USA made boats our gov't has in place as of today.

Last edited:
I don't think it's too bad. If you consider that there is $65k in Yamaha grey hanging off the back, another $15-20k of yamaha rigging, gauges, props, and install puts you at $85k in Yamaha. Then you have $25k in Simrad electronics installed, $8k of diesel furnace and Wallas diesel stove, $6k in bottom paint, $10k in bow thruster... That's $134,000 accounted for right there.... Leaves only $(319k price less -134k) = $185k for the hull and all the ancillary stuff like fridge, anchor windlass, batteries, diamond sea glaze windows, paint job, aluminum materials and all the labour to build it.

Now it's built in the states so take $185k Cdn, / 1.34 for USDollar = $138,000 USD for the hull and all the ancillary stuff. I couldn't build it for that cheap here. That's for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I love these boats, they're beautiful, functional, machines. It's crazy amounts of money for me, I guess is what I meant. I could justify about half that.

Don't get me wrong, I love these boats, they're beautiful, functional, machines. It's crazy amounts of money for me, I guess is what I meant. I could justify about half that.

That makes sense. It's all relative. The upside of alloy boats is that you get most of your money back when you sell them.

Price goes up 5% a year for new ones as the manufacturing side is constrained, materials and labour cost goes up, - takes lots of time and labour vs. a glass boat popping out of a mold. In 5 years the new cost is up 20-25% and all of a sudden you get all your money back that you paid for your boat. It's a 20-25% discount to the buyer vs. brand new, at the same as your original purchase price 5 years ago.

That and you don't spend as much money or personal time on washing, waxing, detailing as you would a glass boat.

But I get it... it's a lot of money to tie up - no argument there.

Last edited:
That makes sense. It's all relative. The upside of alloy boats is that you get most of your money back when you sell them.

Price goes up 5% a year for new ones as the manufacturing side is constrained, materials and labour cost goes up, - takes lots of time and labour vs. a glass boat popping out of a mold. In 5 years the new cost is up 20-25% and all of a sudden you get all your money back that you paid for your boat. It's a 20-25% discount to the buyer vs. brand new, at the same as your original purchase price 5 years ago.

That and you don't spend as much money or personal time on washing, waxing, detailing as you would a glass boat.

But I get it... it's a lot of money to tie up - no argument there.

I agree with BCI on the price change over time on alloy boats. I have a price quote from about 4 years ago on the exact boat I am having built now and it's basically 20% plus more in cost. That is just the price change in the hull. I remind my wife that I should of done it 4 years ago when she originally gulped at the price! lol But it comes down to what you can afford or at least stomach in the end...imo Just enjoy it and it is all good...

Back