North Island Kayak Fishing

dradons

I am going on a camping trip on North Island from the 31 to 5 with the girlfriend and dog. Will be camping mostly at lakes and doing some trout fishing. However, was hoping to drop into some of the west coast spots of the logging road and see if I can find a spring from the Kayak.

Any ideas on any potential spots that you can get into and get out to without a crazy amount of distance paddled?

How north is north? There are a few spots from Ukee but further north I’m not up on.

There should be some springs inside at Nootka by your dates . Cougar creek campsite is open . I'm sure you could cutplug some nice fish out of a kayak there.

I was also thinking i could get out to either of these places near winter harbour.

FqFVkHd

Attachments

• lippy.PNG
    lippy.PNG
    195.3 KB · Views: 27
  • lawn point.PNG
    lawn point.PNG
    499 KB · Views: 26
Oh yeah , absolutely!! You could do very well in either of those spots. Much more weather dependant tho.

Pink salmon should be showing up off the Cluxewe campsite around then. Try casting or jigging pink Buzz Bombs.

Bere point campground, people run boats all the way around malcolm Island to fish there. You can be fishing within 1 minute, stay close to the kelp, the bay can be quite sheltered from the wind. Campground is undeveloped and low on amenities but beautiful location.

Bere point campground, people run boats all the way around malcolm Island to fish there. You can be fishing within 1 minute, stay close to the kelp, the bay can be quite sheltered from the wind. Campground is undeveloped and low on amenities but beautiful location.

That sounds pretty ideal. Thanks.

I am going on a camping trip on North Island from the 31 to 5 with the girlfriend and dog. Will be camping mostly at lakes and doing some trout fishing. However, was hoping to drop into some of the west coast spots of the logging road and see if I can find a spring from the Kayak.

Any ideas on any potential spots that you can get into and get out to without a crazy amount of distance paddled?

I’m not sure if you have Facebook or are already on this page but there is a Vancouver Island kayak angling FB Group. I recommend asking them there as well. Just some times nice to get multiple ideas and experience’s. Also maybe you could meet up with one or a two that could show you the ropes up there or maybe you can get some advice from someone who has been there before.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1430455033905710/?ref=share

Ya go to the FB group and ask around. But also do some online scouting with the navionics app. It is worth it I use it on my kayak all the time

Back