Non-skid deck coating

C

closecall

Hello to all-I'm looking for a little advice on non skid deck coating. The coating on my boat (aluminum Armstrong) is 9 years old and starting to look like trash. The paint is from Consolidated Coatings in Delta. I tested Kel Kote and was not very impressed. Any ideas? Is it worth the 2 hour trip to Delta to get the matching product or have you had luck with other products? Thanks much. Kurt

Just another idea to consider - we priced all the non-skid paint systems and ended up going with 4x4 interlocking rubber matts. We just notched around the seat pedestals and did the entire deck with 8 matts for $200. On a welded aluminum they look good, are really non-skid, clean easily and are easy to replace.

Almost went with Rhino Liner paint system but was scared about the mess it would make if it did not bond well and was also not sure how it would handle a salt water environment....

I've used Rhino Liner on my old aluminum and it works just great. (Don't try it below the water-line)
It is a bit messy to deal with, but once its on, its on.

Ferro con makes a product called grip tread,it is what most boat builders use for floors.I've got it on my 17 nw aluminum and it's great.You can get it @industrial paint and plastics.

quote:Originally posted by Cedarstrip

I've used Rhino Liner on my old aluminum and it works just great. (Don't try it below the water-line)
It is a bit messy to deal with, but once its on, its on.

That stuff is great.

Back