No maintenance trailer bearings not so much

Deep6er

Just wanted to put it out there. This week someone brought a trailer into the shop I work at that had one wheel they had to take offbeat the bearing had completely come out. The other 3 were shot as well. The company who makes the bearings says no maintenance for 10 yearss the trailer was only 3 years old.

Attachments

• C8703643-6E40-40E6-AA63-C79B4760602C.jpeg
    C8703643-6E40-40E6-AA63-C79B4760602C.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 117
Just wanted to put it out there. This week someone brought a trailer into the shop I work at that had one wheel they had to take offbeat the bearing had completely come out. The other 3 were shot as well. The company who makes the bearings says no maintenance for 10 yearss the trailer was only 3 years old.
Well it says a 10 year warranty......so there is that.

My tuff trailer has these. It's only 1 year old but what was the reason the bearings failed? No lube? Rust?

If your company took the trailer apart without contacting the manufacturer and receiving permission and instructions, you have voided the warranty. http://www.marinemastertrailers.com/pdfs/trailer_buddy_vault.pdf. I have never seen a bearing system that does not require maintenance and doubt that I ever will.
Well when one of the axels was a bare spindle with no wheel, tire , brake, or bearing and says they need it back that day there is no contacting the manufacturer. We did inform them that their warranty would be voided.

Well when one of the axels was a bare spindle with no wheel, tire , brake, or bearing and says they need it back that day there is no contacting the manufacturer. We did inform them that their warranty would be voided.
Oh, I am not saying that you should not have repaired the trailer, I am sure the client is happy that you did. IMO any warranty that says you may have to send the axle back to them at your cost to California for inspection and replacement at their discretion is hardly worth the paper it is printed on. Reminds me of the lifetime guarantee of mufflers, brakes etc.

Back