New Years Eve Dinner

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Well any plans?

I am going at try and re create a certain smoked Christmas prime rib.

image.jpg

Got out one of the very kind members here on SFBC to give me a ride to the Butcher Blocker where I bought the biggest prime rib they had. I know it's just for three of us, but it ensures each of us the perfect cut.

Pulled it out and unwrapped it for a dry rub, re wrapped it and back into th fridge till morning.

image.jpg

Will keep you updated......

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on Kauai....we are going surf n' turf with $5 lobster tails and local steak that is outstanding!

so lucky! I would be doing that or shrimp tacos at shrimp station..

Have already had them a few times this trip. Discovered the original one on Kauai in Waimea about 8 years ago....SO good! Bit easier to get to our first week as we were in Poipu...but up in Hanalei now.

Our dinner is going to look like FA's Christmas get together. Lots of finger food and snacks as we are going night tubing in the snow this evening with no time to do up anything fancy. Looking forward to see the end result of that roast :).

2 Hours In......

I can't get my smoker over 225 :( might have to be finished inside. I will check the internal temp in the next hour and see where I am at. Just getting the Yorkshire Pudding batter whipped up now :)

Hit 133, took 3.5 hours at 225

Took it out and wrapped in foil, then a couple large towels and into a cooler bag. Temp has now gone up to 137 and holding.

image.jpg

Roasting patatoes, steaming some veg., cooking up some Yorkies

Will update after dinner

I shocked no one asked for a invite...... There more then enough for some guests

Invited 2 people but both had other plans. Lots of sandwiches I guess

Looks mighty fine...any pics of that chunk of goodness sliced open ?

I would of asked for a invite but I have had left over Prime rib the last 2 out of 3 nights

Bill

Thanks, the smoked ribs are now in the the oven slow cooking at 225 in home made sauce and pineapple. Should be failing off the bone by noon :)

Well the smoked bones got covered in tomatoe sauce, seasoning, pineapple and loads of fresh garlic. 225 for 8 hours and were so tasty. The house smells awesome.
image.jpg

Looks better than our meal. Went to Five guys burgers and then to movie. Old age strikes. Five guys has better fries than in and out! Plus free peanuts in the shell.

Back