New to the forum

seadna

Guys and Gals,

Just a quick intro. I'm new to the forum. I fish mostly salmon and bottom fish (rock and ling cod + hali) and have been fishing in the Puget Sound/strait of Juan de Fuca for about 10 years. I've done most of my fishing out of Neah Bay and know that area quite well. Everything from U.S. Swiftsure south to Cape Alava and west to U.S. Blue Dot is "home" to me. I recently bought a C-Dory 255 Tomcat (power catamaran, twin honda 135's) and managed to get out for tuna once last year.

Now that I have the Neah Bay area dialed in, I decided to do something different this year and will be heading to Tofino for a week in mid June. I'm hoping to pick up a few chinook, the occasional coho, my hali limits and hopefully some spot prawn. I'd done as much online research as I can to find locations, techniques etc and I'm reasonably confident that I can find fish in the Tofino area if they're around when I am. I haven't found much info about spot prawning in that area. Any help, hints etc on either prawning or fishing in teh Tofino area would be (of course) most appreciated. I'll be on the Weigh West docks from June 16-24 and I'll do my best to give good reports (with photos) when I'm there.

Here's an image of my buddy's son Joe with his first king from last summer. Joe will be with this year and I'm hoping to get him his first hali.

Attachments

• LittleJoeWithA20lbChinook.jpg
    LittleJoeWithA20lbChinook.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 64
Welcome, sounds like a good time will be had.
"Tofinofish" is the forum member to direct your questions to.
He is very knowledgeable about fishing in the Tofino area. :)

Seadna, welcome. Good to have our American friends participating. Good luck in Fino. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Welcome to the site. You will have a blast in Tofino for sure. Good to see you getting the young fella out there.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Back