New to NC looking for gear advice

New to BC looking for gear advice

Well, long story short I am relocating to be from Ontario and I want to get some advice on some gear. I have sold most of my bass gear as I don't want to move it all I kept a half dozen to a dozen various spinning and bait casting setups. What is thexpected shore fishing like and what is the common sort of tackle people use? Next year I will be doing some more boat fishing but this year will be shore fishing. If I was to buy a single rod to bring out what should I get? Action, lengths, types etc...

Thanks in advance. I have lots of questions and will be asking a tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be in or around Burnaby. I have a truck and a car so driving isn't an issue. I don't really know what the local shore scene is like. I am hoping to just to something fairly simple for this year to keep me occupied until I figure out the hunting scene and get settled in for more fishing next year.

Not much around Burnaby , you will have to take a drive are you looking for salmon or trout .?

I don't really know what to target. Something I can do late summer into fall. I don't really know what people really go for I imagine it's a lot of river fishing versus lake fishing and that probably mean fishing the migrations. I really have no idea.

I saw a bunch if people fishing on a drive up to Squamish along what looked like an inlet of some sort. Looked like they all had loner rods. 10 foot plus

#1 buy a license online and read all the regulations.
#2 Buy a Backroads Mapbook at a Book store or most fishing stores sell them and read every page and look over the maps.
#3 Go fishing.

Back