New stuff on the way. KoneZone

KoneZone

Hi guys and gals my name is Mike Hyneman I manufacture Fish Cooler bags called KoldZone by KoneZone, the KoneZone Trolling Flasher, and lot's of other goodies.

I was recently approached by a couple of fellow fisherman with an invention in mind.

They have asked me to help them with this new "Patent Pending" Indicator and or Weight attaching system. You can adjust the connection up or down the line very easily and quickly.

These guys are professionals and they don't have the time to bring this to market. Their concept is simple and effective, it works well and I have discussed it with a local tackle manager at a large quality store that's dying to see it.

The basis of the new connection system is that you can attach, or detach the indicator from your line within seconds, leaving no mark or kink on your tippet or line.

PS. I know just enough about fly fishing to be dangerous.

Their idea is for the body to be made out of colored plastic such as the Thingamaboober or the FlyBobber.

Is there any other material you seasoned guys would recommend for a floating Indicator? Keep in mind the crucial part of this product is the connection point. I think once it's ready we will be sending out samples to those that help.

So far all we have is a few dozen Patent Pending prototypes of the attachment system. We have successfully attached it to almost everything on the market.

What type of float indicator would you like the best?

Thanks,
Mike Hyneman
KoneZone.com
503-348-9442

Home of the Daisy Chain, Skoolz, SquidderDun and TakeDownz UV Beads. www.KoneZone.com

smells like a rat to me id be carefull with this

Hi Mike!

I'm a little far gone to offer suggestions just now but just wanted to add that I love your inline flashers for fishing whole Herring (now that I've learned to use them correctly).

Thanks Dogbreath that's a nice thing to say.

All suggestions will be considered. The best products give the fishing community what they want and will use.

Mike

Home of the Daisy Chain, Skoolz, SquidderDun and TakeDownz UV Beads. www.KoneZone.com

Hey Dogbreath, can you maybe elaborate a little more on how to use the inline flashers correctly as I have tried them a few times but always ended up with totally twisted line?

DogBreath......care to elaborate on how you fish your KoneZones as you put it "correctly"?

[?][8D]

The Daisy Chains are easy.

Just clip it and run your stacker about four feet above it.
Then run your bait or lure about 12 feet behind the wire.
You can use them with or without the Hot Spot style flasher.

Single KoneZone Flashers.

Run them with a rudder or a trolling sinker to stop transitional line twist. This is when the line between you and the flasher is twisted for long periods of time.

I like to run the single KoneZone Flasher with a 16oz Trolling Sinker painted FL. Red. I attach the Flasher with a 18" line between it and the weight. Next I run a 18" bumper line of 40 # mono and an extra swivel. Now I can change out from Spinners to Baits to Spoons as fast as I want.

I am sure DB can elaborate.

Mike

OK by popular demand.....

I'm taking about using a single large in-line unit as shown excuse the sh!tty pics.

So here we have the flasher set up as per my liking-note the two holes on the bottom.

I use the one which is not</u> on the central axis-it's offset.

What this does when dragging a whole Herring in a Teaser Head @ a moderate speed is to occasionally give the tail a small extra kick.

No too much of one since IME that's NDG it works just enough to drive</u> Springs</u> crazy</u>.

Have yet to try it with Anchovy no idea how it would work with a smaller lighter bait.

EDIT</u>-This is run straight off the downrigger just like anything we use.

YMMV

IMGP2954.jpg

IMGP2955.jpg

quote:Originally posted by DHA

Deryk Krefting [Active Tackle] and I fished these flashers long before they became mainstream. They work...but so do others.
RVP is back posting as his old (banned) handle DHA?

WTH?

quote:Originally posted by Roe Bags

Only available at the diehardangler.com.....:D

iminthe10%.com ?

DHA, no matter whose there, it`s been far to long without the contro, when that handle comes a knockin to the forum. lmao[:p]-dirty

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Dogbreath, and what do you do to prevent line twist?
Ball bearing swivels-Sampo is the best but very pricey I've found Cabela's premium work fine but haven't bought any for a while who knows they may have changed suppliers it happens.

IMGP2954.jpg

My antipathy toward bead chains is well known-they have their place but it's a small limited one.

Ball Bearing Swivels.

At KoneZone we decided long ago not to use them for a few reasons.

1. Price = If we did it would be Sampo and that would raise the single flashers a couple bucks at the dealer level.

2. Dependability = I use them in mostly shallow river fisheries around lots of sand. Ball bearing swivels don't do real well with sand in them.

3. During the prototype phase we used the USA made Stainless Steel swivels and caught hundreds of Salmon during a month long period without fail.

I realize that some fishermen don't like the Stainless Steel Bead Chain swivels but they mainly have had problems with the low quality ones.

If a KoneZone product ever fails due to normal use we replace it.

Thanks for your support.

KoneZone, about your strike indicators, I would like to see something that was dual coloured. As an example, one end being yellow or lime green, and the other being white or red/orange. Various combos would allow for better visiblilty according to light conditions on the water. Keep in mind that a large number of males have some degree of colour blindness, and would select items that work within their spectrum.

As regards both types of swivels-now</u> is the time to think about seriously cleaning up this part of your gear.

Take all the swivels you have and wash them in hot soapy water-I like dishwashing liquid.

Rinse the hell out of them in fresh water and lay them out on paper towels to dry-on top of something warm like the fridge or a house radiator.

Once they're completely dry soak them in something like Corrosion X for a day or more to lube them well-drain on same paper towels.

Corx.gif

Don't</u> use WD-40 for this-anything but.

KoneZone, further to your strike indicator inquire, would this device allow the line to slide freely when playing fish or is it fixed on the line. This would not be good if so, tough to get it through the top eye of the rod, although I'm sure some of us have tried.

quote:Originally posted by Tyee Slayer

KoneZone, about your strike indicators, I would like to see something that was dual coloured. As an example, one end being yellow or lime green, and the other being white or red/orange. Various combos would allow for better visiblilty according to light conditions on the water. Keep in mind that a large number of males have some degree of colour blindness, and would select items that work within their spectrum.

X2 I cant use chartreuse coloured floats cause they seem to disappear on me under certain conditions.
Good Idear

Back