New Salish 33' Liquid Metal Custom Build

This is going to be such a fantastic build and an even more than fantastic boat.

I am curious about the triple 300's. Because Suzuki makes both a duo-prop and conventional 300's is it an option to use them in a combo of single prop, dual prop, single prop. I was wondering about this because the 300 single props can have their rotation changed and the centre engine could be a straight thrust motor

View attachment 88784View attachment 88785View attachment 88786

Sorry, to ask/wonder this but my ADHD OCD brain takes me to places that scare most people
All three will be duo props. The duo props are very efficient and one rotates in the opposite direction of the other so that translate into a straight prop thrust,

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining. That SeaKeeper looks deluxe, another advantage of a custom build.

Damn. This is a mono that I’d ride in!!! You will love those duoprops. The grip is astounding. We add Boostane each time we fill up. About 0.15 or 0.17 ounces per gallon to get from 87 octane (all we have at our marina) to 91. Out DF350 manuals say at least 89, not 91 though…

I need to address where I’ll store my DR balls.

There is a Liquid Metall 33 at the Vancouver Boat Show.

The physcial size of the hull (especiallly the height keel to gunnel was as they say "more than signiificant."

What's the fuel capacity on that is what I wanna know. With those 5/8 fuel lines. How's the filter setup?

Yeah, the one at the show is hull #2, mine will be hull #3. I was all over this boat when they were building it to get ideas of how I wanted mine customized. Was really helpful. Alberni Power had commissioned the build and wanted to showcase the new 600hp engines. It no doubt flies with that amount of power.

You really need deep deep pocket to own and run this boat.
Here is a photo I took of the 33' LM boat price list at the boat show.
It doesn't show if taxes are included in the price. if taxes are not included.
$1,290,000 plus taxes and the luxury tax that is around $130K+

Out the door, probably around $1.5m if taxes are not included in the price list.

Luxury Tax:
In March of 2022, the Canadian Government announced that the new luxury tax will be postponed. The proposed luxury tax on boats over $250,000 is 10% of the full value of the boat. And will come into effect in September 1, 2022.

Attachments

• liquid Matal 33..jpg
    liquid Matal 33..jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 62
What about the fuel burn ? Definitely need deep pockets

They did a fuel burn consumption test on a similar boat with twin 600s and at 4000 rpm it was 50 plus gallons per hour. 🤣 mind you at 4 grand it was doing 40 mph so dial that back to 3500 and should sit around 30 with probky a 20 percent reduction in fuel

Wide open was 100 GPH🤣

They did a fuel burn consumption test on a similar boat with twin 600s and at 4000 rpm it was 50 plus gallons per hour. 🤣 mind you at 4 grand it was doing 40 mph so dial that back to 3500 and should sit around 30 with probky a 20 percent reduction in fuel

Wide open was 100 GPH🤣
Yowzers, and I'm worried about the cost of filling my 100-gallon tank at 1.79 a litre, and it will last me a quarter of the year. Did you see the spray it kicked out, pretty impressive when she is up to speed.

Yowzers, and I'm worried about the cost of filling my 100-gallon tank at 1.79 a litre, and it will last me a quarter of the year. Did you see the spray it kicked out, pretty impressive when she is up to speed.
Hey if your pockets are that deep then doesn't matter I suppose.

Biggest question I have is what is the fuel capacity of these 33ft boats?

891 L (235 US Gallons) in this boat.

I find that relatively small and would have expected >350 G. My 30’ Pursuit has a 310 G which is great if you are exploring. Also nice to get 2 - 3 days of tuna fishing in without having to hit the fuel dock.
I'm sitting at 185g and I thought that was a crazy fuel bill.

891 L (235 US Gallons) in this boat.

I find that relatively small and would have expected >350 G. My 30’ Pursuit has a 310 G which is great if you are exploring. Also nice to get 2 - 3 days of tuna fishing in without having to hit the fuel dock.

At minimum 35gph cruising speed I think it should be at least 350 gallons capacity. That gives you about 10 hours of run time give or take.

Current setup gives you 6 and a half hours of runtime give or take.

This calculation is based on the reports when these engines were tested. 35 gph at 30 mph basically. 3500 rpm

Back