New Salish 33' Liquid Metal Custom Build

I didn't read back the entire thread so may have missed it, what will you tow it with ?
2020 GMC Diesel 3500 Duromax 6.6L Turbodiesel. Towing capacity with goose neck or 5th wheel is 21,300 pounds. I won't be towing it a lot but will have enough juice to get it to the west side of the Island.

Attachments

• IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 71
2020 GMC Diesel 3500 Duromax 6.6L Turbodiesel. Towing capacity with goose neck or 5th wheel is 21,300 pounds. I won't be towing it a lot but will have enough juice to get it to the west side of the Island.
Great match, we did that trip last June with a a 2022 3500 and a 282 sailfish. Barely noticed it was there. Saw an Albertan towing an ocean roamer with surge brakes on that same trip, just shook my head. You have the right package.

it's not really a lot of fuel 10 hours @ 3500 rpm and about 6 @ 4500
I take 600 litres to feed my twin 140s when I head out 100 miles on a tuna trip to San Juanito.
300 litres for the round trip and 300 for 24- 48 hours of fishing.

Platforms beside the engines is nice as is the clear sliding door. Incredible build, will be nice to see the finished interior pics when done

It floats! Into the water yesterday to mark the water line for bottom paint. Filled her with the full 1000 litres. Definitely a heavy tow compared to my current boat, especially with full water and fuel tanks. Getting really close to actual sea trials. Still have some interior cabinetry, the Ultradecking, and lots of small things left to complete. June 26th target dateView attachment 93662View attachment 93663View attachment 93664View attachment 93665
Holy, that’s a mean looking boat. Mine would start crying if it saw yours.

Finally took delivery yesterday afternoon. Quite the learning curve with the multitude of systems. It will take awhile to get everything dialled in and the different systems instinctive. Spent most of the day today just learning everything. First run was impressive. 45 knots at 5800 rpm with a full fuel tank and 4 of us on board. tempImageYhQ3o0.pngtempImagecbfbqC.pngtempImageRGiYQi.pngtempImageWWWw1W.pngtempImageNuzHMI.png

Congrats on the sale and launch! 45kn is sick for a boat that size, too bad it was so rough today! Like glass eh? Someone seemed to be sea trialing a monster yesterday out of Sidney maybe a coastal craft and I was Liquid Metal dock thinking when we’re you going to be breaking her in.

Last edited:
Truly impressive vessel, probably the nicest all around we’ve seen on here.

Big congrats on this build.

On top of having an ultimate fishing machine the materials used to finish your boat are classy and practical. Beauty boat all around!

Decided to keep the name of my previous boat "Netminder".

Also, sold my previous boat (Raider 270 Offshore) View attachment 94235about an hour before taking delivery of the new one so that was fortunate timing.
Curious what the verdict is on the seakeeper and if you would go with the 2 again or upsize. I know this things fairly new but your initial thoughts anyhow.

Also what it needed as far as additional electrical and batts to support the draw from this thing.

Any thoughts on serviceability of the sk and items like the raw water pickup and if there's filters and alarms on that system... They say the gyro is low maintenance but I am curious what your expectations are for the unit.

Last edited:
Back