New prawn recipe - Buffalo wing style! so good and so easy!!!

Osama Bin Hopper

Take some jumbo prawns, peel them but leave the tails on.

Skewer the buggers. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and hot paprika on both sides.

Melt a stick of butter and add half a cup of Franks.

Baste prawns with sauce prior to and as they cook on the grill (high heat)

Flip and baste.

Shouldn't take longer than 4-7 mins depending on your heat and prawn size...

Dip in ranch or blue cheese.

Holy crap......that sounds good; but do you actually taste any prawn when it's all said and dipped?

I sorta follow in Holmes' footsteps ... I like the crunch of a batter, so I do my go-to batter/panko method. Leave the tails on - dust in flour, dip in beaten egg, coat with panko, and pan-fry.

I'm more of a dipper, so I don't usually coat in a sauce, but I'm sure that a nice Buffalo sauce would stick to that yummy panko coating quite well!!

I'm married and the little woman likes me to try to do the healthiest versions usually so frying happens rarely around here...

Plus this way is absolutely no muss no fuss!

I am craving a fish fry something fierce though...

I used this recipe tonight.. one modification..
I did not use the BBQ( too cold out there!)
Just a pan, bit of butter, then the prawns and finally the sauce.. GREAT simple recipe!

Cant wait to try it with rockfish strips, breaded and fried...then the sauce.

I think I may not have to go out for my chicken wing fix any longer...and healthier too!

I used this recipe tonight.. one modification..
I did not use the BBQ( too cold out there!)
Just a pan, bit of butter, then the prawns and finally the sauce.. GREAT simple recipe!

Cant wait to try it with rockfish strips, breaded and fried...then the sauce.

I think I may not have to go out for my chicken wing fix any longer...and healthier too!

Thanks for the update Islandgirl. I'm going to try OBH's original recipe on the BBQ. I will try them in a pan if I can't get out there due to snow etc.

As for the underlined comment. Check out this recipe.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/article/buffalo-rockcod-wrap-recipe/

We have been making these since last summer and you will not eat chicken wings again after trying these. We have used rock fish, ling cod, and halibut and they all taste great.

Thanks for the prawn recipe OBH.

Cheers,
John

Another modification:

- use scissors to split back of prawn shell to allow flavor to get in
- cook in a large wok
- mix into wok a healthy amount of Olive Oil (healthy in place of butter)
- add liberal amount of Franks Red Hot - I like it real hot, so more the merrier.
- crush 6 to 10 cloves of garlic
- mix together with prawns in wok at low heat for a few minutes to allow hot sauce to get into prawns, then crank up heat until oil is hot, then cook just long enough to get er dun...enjoy.

Osama when you say peel them do you leave their back & legs on(just head twisted off)? or do you strip off everything?

Back