New Halibut Regulations Update

first nation dude you are the one reason why as a first nation myself i buy a sportfishing license like the rest of people without status cards
you embarass me for having a status card
i dont think you are first nation i think you are a commercial fisherman stirring up crap
as a first nation i dont agree with anything you have said

do all the commercial halibut fisherman together donate anywhere near 11million?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some more popcorn......

popcorn.gif

jeeze,i take a break for a day or 2?..all hell breaks loose..lippy you want some popcorn - i think i'll crack another beer!

jeeze,i take a break for a day or 2?..all hell breaks loose..lippy you want some popcorn - i think i'll crack another beer!

It's a metaphor man..... A metaphor..;)

Fish FN dude or what ever your name is why don't you reply to my questions?
Is this Chris with a new name or are you really and FN.
You talk, but you speak with a fork tongue.
Can't stand the heat?
Change the subject when pressed with the facts.
You are a disgrace to your fathers and should be ashamed.
I dare you to come out in the open with what you truly believe.
Waiting for your reply, but hold off on the BS if you can.
Bring it on there if you can.

BCboy your a winner that's for sure.
Name me one commercial guy that has given any money or time to salmon enhancement.
I work many hours a week to enhance salmon in my area and I have not found any commercial guy that does the same. Perhaps you know of some as I sure don't know of any.

You commercial guys take the cake as you spout off on the Internet yet do sweet F all.
You have dollar signs in you eyes but see no further that your bank account.
You should all wake up to the fact you are killing the country with your greed.
Hope you can sleep at night with knowledge of what you are stealing from your children.
Go ahead and be proud of the destruction you leave in your wake.
You will be remembered as the ones that killed the last halibut.

You slipper skippers are a sad lot that's for sure.
History will remember you as a page that should be torn out and burned in the building of this country.

GLG

Hey GLG, I never ever made any comment about you or any salmon enhancement. But since you claim to donate time and money to salmon enhancement I take my hat of to you! For you information I am not a commercial fisherman, I do not own and have never owned ANY commercial licences so lets get that strait. The one thing to keep in mind is some of us recreational fishermen have friends that are commercial fishermen so when we see posts like your LAST one, it truely shows how much BS and garbage is on these forums and there is always two sides to the story. By the way does that history book talk about Bobs whaling adventures?

The one thing to keep in mind is some of us recreational fishermen have friends that are commercial fishermen so when we see posts like your LAST one, it truely shows how much BS and garbage is on these forums and there is always two sides to the story. By the way does that history book talk about Bobs whaling adventures?
Actually, some of us "Yanks" have BC commercial fishermen, who we call friends, also!
Actually, if "one" was to check "Bob Wright's whaling advestures" is VERY WELL documented!
Actually if one has a problem there, why not send a letter and find out WHY he really decided to stop?
And, actually... what does that have anything do with anything on this thread, as it is, Thread: New Halibut Regulations Update

Maybe, it is time for "us" to start keeping all the threads on topic - just a thuoght, as I am sure it will save Lip a LOT of "popcorn"!

just a thuoght, as I am sure it will save Lip a LOT of "popcorn"!

Really I don't mind..... almost as good as Jersey Shore..:D

I hope guys on here stick to the facts and are careful when throwing stones. To the enviros and general public it is the sport sector that looks like a bunch of babies.The commies have taken close to 50% cut in the last few years as well as full monitoring and account for every discard off thier boat.Can we say that?we will have to get our own back yard cleaned up before we throw anything(especialy when asking for even more TAC).I have friends that are commercial fishers and alot of them have invested all they have in fishing and played by the rules that DFO set out.How would you like it if the playing field changed over night? So start looking at everything objectivly and think before you post dribble guys cause you are just making yourself look stupid.One more thing,how much total TAC do you realy think we would get if there was no commies?the $&+ing americans would have it all if there wasn't any history in halibut fishing.Remember that we only recently started targeting halibut when the salmon got hammered up in alaska.sorry for the rant n throw me a bag of pocorn please.

You guys know, I am okay with "new members" coming on this site and asking questions and voicing their concerns; however, sometimes I have to ask... Do you really know WTF you are talking about? You might want to separate some fact and fiction and keep your bias opinions to yourself? And then may I ask, when was the last time YOU (or anyone you know) donated $11 MILLION, and yes I did say $11 MILLION dollars?

Just some wondering minds, wondering and wanting to know!

"The Bob Wright Centre: Oak Bay Marine Group’s $11 million donation to the University of Victoria"
http://www.obmg.com/about/media/media-releases/bob-wright-centre/

Well Charlie......Does your Oak Bay Marine Group propaganda have anything to do with the "New Halibut Regulations Update"??? Hmmmmmm, maybe you should practice what you preach...unless you enjoy being a hypocrite. And quite honestly I could care less why Bob Wright "quit" harming and selling orcas, I'm more interested in why anybody in there right (pardon the pun) mind would think that this pathetic way to turn a buck is a good idea

Well Charlie......Does your Oak Bay Marine Group propaganda have anything to do with the "New Halibut Regulations Update"??? Hmmmmmm, maybe you should practice what you preach...unless you enjoy being a hypocrite. And quite honestly I could care less why Bob Wright "quit" harming and selling orcas, I'm more interested in why anybody in there right (pardon the pun) mind would think that this pathetic way to turn a buck is a good idea

Well bcboy... I sure am glad you addressed me personally - but name calling, propaganda, "practice what you preach" etc? Now, why would you want to make comments like that? Because I advised Bob Wright donated $11 Million? Well, to just give you some insight for the last time and you are so worried about how people "turn a buck," why don't you look Patterson's history. After that - if you really want to see a "hypocrite" I would suggest looking in "YOUR" mirror! There very few in this world that can say they are proud of the way they have "turned a buck" throughout their life, including this hyprocrite!

IF, I did (or do) know anything YOU wish to know, feel free to read my public posts - that is the reason they are there. Other than that, I assure there will be NO direct responses from me to you concerning anything..

Since you want to be "quite honestly" here, which I would just settle for you being "HONEST," quit posting BS, and trying to stir people up for no reason. (e.g. this post)! With that, I do appreciate and am okay when one of those “16” referred publically announces it. Makes it clear to the entire forum who they are. I see you have already recieved a replies from others. What an excellent idea in one repsonse! We haven't had to use those spray cans for a long time. I will follow that lead and suggest other do also. When there is trolling, do NOT respond - JUST POST THE "TROLL SPRAY CAN"!

I guess the one used wasn’t big enough, so I'll get a bigger one! From here on out bcboy (glad you understand the term "boy") my ONLY response to any of your "trolling posts" will be this:

trollspray.jpg

Forgot... Sorry, it will be IMHO - I won't be taking any votes on the matter!

2-1.gif

You have a - GREAT DAY
Cheers

Well Charlie...... I like you.

Me too Charlie. Love it! You totaly impress me with how well you can keep your cool when hit with all the bs. If you are ever in Ukee fishing stop by my boat for a chat. I'ld be happy to share any recent catch info if it would help you.

Back