New forum rules

This level of reasoning isn't going to raise the quality of this forum at all. IMO This is private club one side of the fence conspiracy theorist thinking.

Some of the stuff that goes on here just makes me shake my head.

But if it is a private club now is probably a good time to say so.
Birdnest I find it utterly astonishing that you accuse this forum of being a private club harbouring “conspiracy theorists”.

This from a person who on other threads has personally denigrated and attacked Alex Morton, who believes she “conspires” with other reputable scientists to put out papers proving that salmon feed lots are harmful, and who indeed believes the National Academy of Sciences are part of the conspiracy in publishing what you dismiss as “gibberish”. Your words!!

Au contraire Birdsnest you are the biggest conspiracy theorist I have ever encountered and your latest accusation against folks who know the real science, is just incredible and unbelievable.

My apologies. I thought in the main body of his post he was going after the rules, how they are applied and who gets to abide by them.
I will re-post in the conservation section.:D

Pretty apparent the amount of censorship on here as hit an all time ridiculous amount when SFAB who is supposed to represent us can not even be discussed....AT ALL. Joke.

I wasn't going to post anything but ...
Every year from the post Christmas blues season (when the bills come in) until the 'start' of the fishing season, some of the boys seem to get a bit of cabin fever, so the petty squabbling and, unfortunatly, insults start to get a bit thick. This year a bit more than usual maybe.
I think thats why a lot of the older members tend to withdraw from posting in the off season.
Not that the bitchin' scares them off, they are just smart enough to realize that in a deteriorating conversation, there is nothing of value that can be added.
Given that the forum's value lies in we, the users, sharing reports, tips and info, i'd suggest that the members who feel their "freedom of expression" is being infringed reexamine some of their postings and consider how they would feel if they were similarily addressed.
LC and the moderating crew have done, imho, a good job in keeping the forum going.

Now, as my wife might say:
Quit yer bitchin` and go fishing.
You`ll feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality discussions are welcome but not when they turn into back and forth mudslinging. Further more if one was to see my personal inbox with the private messages showing how sideways these things really get would be an eye opener... The SFAB thread went wideways in four hours... It had nothing to do with quality fishing discussion. It was turning into the same torch and pitchfork mob that happened a few weeks ago, that I regret taking part in and instigating somewhat.

Cabin fever season is just about over... Further more if anyone wants to see censorship a brief tour of the other forums will show zero tollerance compared to what goes on here.. I know, I have checked.

Since the hammer has gotten a little heavier the quality of forum discussion has gone up considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back