new flyfisher

Fixit

ive got a very large box in the storage room that says 9' pontoon boat on it. (christmas gift)

looking for a fly rod/ reel. or any gear ill need

have no idea what im doing, going to start targeting some of the stocked lakes for rainbows to start practicing. set me up with some applicable flys too?

not looking for $$$, basic is fine.

For a starter line get yourself a type three, clear, intermediate sink line and some leech patterns to start and troll those around. You'll catch plenty of fish doing that. Don't scrimp on fly lines, cheap ones are **** and will frustrate you but you don't need an expensive rod and reel.

If you're in Victoria, go see Matt at Robinson's Sporting Goods. He'll set you up where you're not breaking the bank. Matt's a good lad.

wow, thats a lot of gear, hard to read that add but i think he wants 400 for a rod and 3 reels?!?

what sort of rod length / weight should i look for???

For 40$ it'll catch fish, how it will cast will be the big question but your learning so if you can cast with an older heavier weighted rod when it comes to the lighter 4-6# stuff it'll feel like your tossing a feather haha

ive got a very large box in the storage room that says 9' pontoon boat on it. (christmas gift)

looking for a fly rod/ reel. or any gear ill need

have no idea what im doing, going to start targeting some of the stocked lakes for rainbows to start practicing. set me up with some applicable flys too?

not looking for $$$, basic is fine.

ive got a brand new 8wt fly rod set up its a 8wt redington rod with a anidized redington 8wt reel with braid backing and 8wt ghost tip fly line
reel comes with a case and the rod comes with a tube case
ill also add in a brand new fly box with all new trout and salmon flies
500$ setup thats been used once for 300$

thanks for all the offers, i ordered a 5wt 9' rod from cabelas reg 120 on sale for 49!
came with reel, dry line. i also ordered some type 3 sinking link and some flys.

going to start casting at the soccer feild as soon as it arrives- cant wait

Back