New Diawa 275 and 175 Metal reels

Thank's Derby, see you boxing day. I to love these reels, they are the original true mootching reel, great for jigging, trolling. They have a awesome sounding clicker that just screams when you hook into a 20 lber with a Stingsilda, eh GDW. Fun reels for sure.

I have a couple of the 275 and one 175. How do you guys fish them? With the 2 way drag i am constantly adjusting the drag to reel up to check bait from the rigger. Then I put it back down , tighten the drag down, so there is constant adjustment of the drag if you don't want to fight it on the way up. I have yet to catch a fish on one as I just got them, but... Is that what you guys do? I would imagine there is a lot more palming involved when actually hooking a fish then with a one way drag system?

After a bit of practice, when you hook up you'll naturally back the drag off where you can reel in smoothly but theres enough pressure still on for when the fish runs. I run 15lb test just for kicks and it really is fun but I imagine 20lb would be more practical.

Downchild offered $80...but hasn't gotten back to me

Otter- I haven't heard back from

... So its still open I be guess.I could throw one more each of the reels into the mix total of 4 reels 2 of each ...the other 2 need a little love be should make fine fishing reels, the other 2 are mint never seen the water.. :)

Prob painfull trying to arrange shipping arrangements Island-Kelowna etc. Trying to figure out a way but anyhow easier for u to sell over there directly. Thanks anyhow. Otter

My experience with D 275s wouldnt look back,never a issue. High end reels, Islanders, OK then ,but come on. My D275s 5bucks each garage sales. I actually replaced Shim 2000GT with one of them,preference at the time Just me maybe

Back