New Diawa 275 and 175 Metal reels

Derby

Crew Member
Never used ..these ones I believe our the first model that Daiwa put out.. open to offers... :)

011.jpgawesome reels I just pulled out a couple of 275's cleaned them up ,re-spooled with new line and going to use them in the spring beside the islanders and trophy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
real reels, no independent drag. these test your true skill

Downchild offered $80...but hasn't gotten back to me

Otter- I haven't heard back from

... So its still open I be guess.I could throw one more each of the reels into the mix total of 4 reels 2 of each ...the other 2 need a little love be should make fine fishing reels, the other 2 are mint never seen the water.. :)

For $80 I am out. Can't compete with an offer like that...... Still very interested, but only in the unused ones. Please keep me updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in Victoria Derby, i have a couple of these reels and also have a couple that need parts. I wouldn't mind checking them out.

I have a 175 with 15lb Maxima on a 9' Trophy XL, awesome fight with a 37lb Chinook for about 30 minutes... I love this reel, and pull it out when big shots get into the boat and need to test their true skill.

My first reels were 275B's. They sure sounded good when the clicker was on and you had a bite. I learned very quickly to handle them with care or they put a big OWY on your hand. They are great reels and very reliable - not much to go wrong. I only have one 275 left which has never been used - and is not for SALE.

Attachments

• 100_1013.jpg
    100_1013.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 138
The one issue, for someone unfamiliar with the 175 for sure but probably the 275 too, is someone could easily loosen the drag too much and it will come off. I told a guy that was using my 175 that and literally as the sentence was leaving my mouth off came the drag knob and bounced off the gunnel and into the water.

Back