Need help-License question

Charter Tofino

I went to go steelheading and realized that i forgot my license in vancouver. Without going back to van is there anyway around this? Can i go say i lost it?

you would be fishing legally because you do have a license, if you were confronted im sure you could fax it in or something

You would have still got a card with your angler number on it

Went to gone fishing and i was told i was SOL. They said i would have to go to a government agency and they were closed for the holidays....... Hmmm can i fish without a license and if asked fax it in like a drivers license? Then comes the issue of recording fish and i havent got my steelhead stamp yet[xx(] Looks like i cant fish

Herd the CO's were on the river yesterday checking for exactly that..This week usually see's the most pressure:D

Pass the Pack

Why don't you just go get a new licence and steelhead stamp ?
destroy the old licence when you get back...
maybe the angler # would prohibit that ?

I have no idea what my angler # is. When i bought it i remember she gave me something and said dont lose it which im guessing was my number but i definatly lost it.

Can i just walk in, play dumb like i dont have a license and buy a new one? Wouldnt they just give me a new one?

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

you would be fishing legally because you do have a license, if you were confronted im sure you could fax it in or something

Bad advice.You must have your liscence in your possesion at all times when you're fishing.
I first thought that purchasing liscences online was for the birds but now I won't do it any other way.I've bookmarked the page that I printed my liscences off.I can print a replacement off at anytime if I lose mine.Haven't lost one yet though.
Dave

Bad advice.You must have your liscence in your possesion at all times when you're fishing.
I first thought that purchasing liscences online was for the birds but now I won't do it any other way.I've bookmarked the page that I printed my liscences off.I can print a replacement off at anytime if I lose mine.Haven't lost one yet though.
Dave

quote:Originally posted by vetteman

Dave
X2

quote:Originally posted by vetteman

Dave
X2

I just checked to see if I still had access to my liscences online.Tidal Water and Non Tidal Water liscences still come up on my screen and I was able to reprint them.
I would think that wherever a guy goes in BC there is Internet access and you should be able to get a replacement this way.There's not too many stores or resorts/marinas of any sort that don't have a computer and access to the Internet.
I can vouch first hand for having your fishing liscence at the top of your list of things to take on a trip.Last summer,my daughter and her husband came up to visit us while we were away fishing.As we were heading down to the boat I asked her to make sure she had her liscence with her and got a sick look back from her.She had left it sitting back at home.
She was a passenger for the the rest of the trip.
*hit Happens.
Dave

I just checked to see if I still had access to my liscences online.Tidal Water and Non Tidal Water liscences still come up on my screen and I was able to reprint them.
I would think that wherever a guy goes in BC there is Internet access and you should be able to get a replacement this way.There's not too many stores or resorts/marinas of any sort that don't have a computer and access to the Internet.
I can vouch first hand for having your fishing liscence at the top of your list of things to take on a trip.Last summer,my daughter and her husband came up to visit us while we were away fishing.As we were heading down to the boat I asked her to make sure she had her liscence with her and got a sick look back from her.She had left it sitting back at home.
She was a passenger for the the rest of the trip.
*hit Happens.
Dave

I had an embarrassing incident years ago with my tidal license. Was guiding off Otter Point when a couple of new recruits in a DFO rib showed up. They were rookies sent out to practice on the rec guys before being sent to a commercial opening. I usually know all the local officers and they normally just come over to see how good or poor the fishing is that day. These guys asked to see my customers licenses which I had filed out. No problem, before they left I ASKED THEM...you want to see mine? They looked at each other and said sure ok. I pulled out my wallet and nearly ripped it apart trying to find it...gone. They had no choice and wrote me up..lol I told them I was a vendor and I had a copy as it was the first one I sold in April. They said bring it to the office and we'll destroy the ticket.
I thought about it all night trying to figure out what happened. Then it came to me. The day before I did an am trip then went out in the afternoon by myself. I landed a nice spring marked it down and left my license on the cabin table in case I landed a 2nd one. (I didn't) I ran back to the dock and my license must have fallen to he floor. I remembered that while cleaning up the boat before going home I had thrown out some day licenses left behind from the morning trip. Mine must have been tossed with them. Good thing there are duplicates when you are a vendor!!!

Back