Navionics: Helix 5 version vs phone app

Matsutake

Anyone have the same issue?….
Phone version has waaay better contouring detail than the version in my Helix 5 w/Navionics chip.
Is there anything to do about it or c’est la vie?
Thanks!

Do you have the sonar chart downloaded onto your card? The nautical chart is less detailed, sonar shows far better contours.

How long since you have updated your card, could be that. My Helix 12 and 7 both have comparable detail to my app.

Do you have the sonar chart downloaded onto your card? The nautical chart is less detailed, sonar shows far better contours.
Really don’t know. Bought the unit, dropped in the chip and noticed a big difference between the two versions.
Is there a special process to download the sonar chart? Extra cost?
Thanks

You have to make sure your yearly subscription is up to date ( of course ) then pop the chip in your computer and it should prompt you to download updates.

I’m gojng to be downloading my updates here soon as well.

It's the same on my Lowrance with updated charts. Never as good as the app for some reason

Really don’t know. Bought the unit, dropped in the chip and noticed a big difference between the two versions.
Is there a special process to download the sonar chart? Extra cost?
Thanks

Nope. Just another option. My helix 7
Used to show as a fishandchips card. See if that is an option on your plotter.

Just tried to do my updates, our PC is out if date, needs Microsoft 10 oh well, it can wait lol.

Back