Navionics chart chips

chris73

I bought a new Navionics Plus chip, called Alaska/Canada, marine and lake charts. I was hoping for the Fish'n Chips sonar details but no avail. What Navionics chip has these detailed contours? Apparently Trotac has no other. Anyone knows what chip I need to look for?

I bought a new Navionics Plus chip, called Alaska/Canada, marine and lake charts. I was hoping for the Fish'n Chips sonar details but no avail. What Navionics chip has these detailed contours? Apparently Trotac has no other. Anyone knows what chip I need to look for?
1679761906652.png
1679761927632.png
Not sure but did you go into the menu and change from Navionics view to Sonarchart view? It might be the issue you having with your sonar.
This video may help

You need to download/update your charts on the chart installer, it's a free download for your computer. Load all the Sonar charts for the area you want and download them, you can do community edits at the same time. Then select the function in the menu on your chartplotter. I find that I have to change settings regularly. On the Simrad, if you select "All" there is just too much unless you are zoomed right in. I usually back out one setting for regular use and set "All" for prawning or bottom fishing.

I bought the Platinum+ this year, it was a mistake. When you look at the propaganda from Navionics it looks like you will get amazing 3D bottom imaging, not so much. I thought I was doing something wrong so sent screen shots to tech support. The answer was that there was nothing wrong

Looks like crap in my opinion. The Colburne Passage image is another setting and probably the one I will try for the next while. I can also turn off all the Platinum functions and revert to Navionics+

Attachments

• Navionics.jpg
    Navionics.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Nav1.jpg
    Nav1.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Nav2.jpg
    Nav2.jpg
    773.4 KB · Views: 32
Back