Nanaimo is off the Hook!

R

RVP

...or should i say on the hook! LOL

Between all the chinnok and pinks in the area...I have been hitting it quite regularly thru out the five to fifteen minute boat ride range on the Zego this week.

Today was wicked - absolutely an awesome day, dispite the early morning rain and light wind. I had three double headers and was into a total of 17 fish. There are no DR's or electronic devices mounted on the Zego yet, so I was traveling very blind - I was only using 16oz. slip sinkers at 40 to 77 pulls to get down. I found that the best depth was between 40 and 57 pulls...I was using flashers, spoons and hootchies. Brickyard, Rocky Point, Neck point, Piper's and Clarke rock, all had a few fish to spit out. Double headers are crazy to try and control when you are by yourself...lot's of fun though.

Anyone else get out around Nanaimo??

Cheers,
RVP. ;)

That is awesome RVP
I had a look at the Zego...pretty crazy!
Man not many guy's using slips any more, way to go!

I was out at the brickyard and hooked 9 fish kept 2 12 and a 27 both at 61 ft lost one by the boat in the late 20s early 30s that pissed me off i got them all in an hour and nothing showing on the sounder it was weard anybody else?

Hooklinesinker after reading your report I had to get out, being a weekend and my wife working I decided to take my just turned 3 year old daughter with. 5 minutes after putting the gear down we get a mid twenty on my daughter was just laughing as the salmon peeled the line off my reel, and landed. this is how you fish for salmon I tell her, yeah right I'm thinking. About an hour later got a mid teen on came flying right under the back of the boat tangled in the prop and broke the leader, my good luck charm has had enough fishing for the day so I got my wife to meet me at Charlaine for a kid exchange, about an hour later I hooked a nice clip popper and it doesn't really do anything I'm thinking is this a keeper pulls a little line out ok now I know it's a keeper comes right up to the surface I see a big tail and back I'm thinking that looks big gets about 15feet from the boat I'm looking at this big flash in the water it sees the boat and takes off, I here a horrible snap and my rod comes flying up. what the, my swivel snap broke the snap just got mangled and I use the biggest angelo's swivel snaps I can find I guess my drag was a little tight but man that fish had some power when it wanted it. It was thirty easy, when a fish looks huge in the water it's going to look alot bigger when you get it out, saw RVP go rippng by about 5 minutes later would have been nice to hold that one up, anyways got home in time for dinner tommorrow is on my mind

P1010211.jpg

P1010218.jpg

see the nanaimo thread for details

Back