My newest randition of my letter to JD

Mr. Duncan,

I have voted for the Conservative party every year since i was 18. I own a business in Comox. I am a gun owner/hunter/REC FISHERMAN. The people closest to me and the people I surround myself with on a daily basis have supported the conservative government most of their lives if not all of it. I wish nothing more than to have a Conservative Majority for our Federal Government. However, I also wish nothing more than to have you not to be a part of it.

You as MY MP, have a job is to represent your constituents. You have failed to do that in many ways, but none more troubling than during the halibut allocation fiasco. I won't go into all the details that the 1000's of emails before have described to you, because you know why it is a problem. Your stance on this one has been very political and politician like. And what i mean by that is you have tried your best to not choose a side. And by doing so, you have chosen to accept that the current way things are done with our fisheries, namely the halibut, is ok with you. By not choosing a side you have chose the commercial side by default. And too me and many others, this is not acceptable. I have done ,and will continue to do my best to spread the word around to everyone i know that you will do what you think is best for you, Not your constituents. I have lost all respect for you during this process. This is a painfully obvious truth.

This year i will be voting NDP, and so will many other people who have previously voted conservative in your riding. And to be completely honest it makes me sick. I will be even sicker if the conservatives lose a majority government by 1 riding because the North Island is no longer Conservative. However, I will be able to sleep at night knowing that there is someone in my riding that will listen to the people that put them there, Do their best for the people that put them there, and work hard for the people that put them there. And you sir, in my opinion are not that person.

Lorne Parker

I can see that was a tough one for you to write Lorne. But I gotta tell you, that letter hits the nail RIGHT on the head! Good on you for telling it like it is!!

Cheers,
Nog

Lorne:

Thank you for posting your letter to John Duncan.

As you may know, I'm pretty much in the same situation, and my feelings are very much the same as you have described in your excellent letter.

Last time I faced a similar delemma, I was able to go back to the riding I had just moved from and vote there - I don't have that option this time.

I'm not yet sure how I will personally vote this time, but I will probably leave it to the last moment to decide and base it on many things.

Man, nailed it!!! Exactly how I feel...on my parents side of the lawn there will be dunkin signs and on mine an NDP...should be interesting lol

Very well written letter Lorne.
You have summed up everything of why this guy does not DESERVE to represent us any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very well written letter Lorne.
You have summed up everything of why this guy does not DESERVE to represent us any more.

Except you forgot to add" Oh yeah and in addition to all this sensible and well written verse, I also want to say.... You're a F****** A******!" Heeheehee

good letter. I must admitt I am a little confused. Hearing rumblings that Dunken may be committing to get involved, who knows maybe just more politacal bs. Where I get lost is if the NDP are voted in for North Island but we get a conservative government are we better off? I can't see how the conservatives would finance a buyout of the slippers if we are a NDP riding... still up in the air.

Mr. Duncan,

citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif

Good on you Lorne. Don't feel too bad. As I said somewhere else, an NDP MP who listens to his/her constituents is better than an ignorant MP of no matter what party. It's all about setting an example statement here that democracy works and ignorance towards your constituents has consequences.

Back