My head hurts....

Lipripper

For some reason the TV upstairs is un-used and big.. Instead the teenage daughter and the wife feel the need to watch real housewives in my freakin cave.:mad:

In the last 20 minutes I think I doned got a little stoopider. Thank god its not a Jersey shore night.

LMAO they saw me doing this and left...

images

Any of you guys have to deal with those crap shows?? I can't even sit on the puter mindin my own forums for 5 minutes with that in the background before I have to revert to the cold shop to look at tools?

I'm gunna see whats on WFN

For some reason the TV upstairs is un-used and big.. Instead the teenage daughter and the wife feel the need to watch real housewives in my freakin cave.:mad:

In the last 20 minutes I think I doned got a little stoopider. Thank god its not a Jersey shore night.

LMAO they saw me doing this and left...

images

Any of you guys have to deal with those crap shows?? I can't even sit on the puter mindin my own forums for 5 minutes with that in the background before I have to revert to the cold shop to look at tools?

I'm gunna see whats on WFN

Ha ha. Won't happen in my new shop as it's detached. They (the females of my family) won't walk the whole 25 feet to get out there;). Oh yeah it will be heated too:p.

It happens to all of us! I am pretty lucky though, the only "have to watch" show for the old lady is Grey's Anatomy. Thats when I usually find myself in the cold garage much like yourself shaking plugs to mimick their action in the chuck and thinking of tweeks to do to the rig cause all I would be rather be doing is wetting a line! But hey, where would we be without out them?........oh yeah, wetting a line!!!

But hey, where would we be without out them?........oh yeah, wetting a line!!!

I hear you but in all reality most of us men would be screwed without the better half. I am blessed with a wife that likes her down time and allow's me to get out there.

The one show that my daughter loves is Glee! I have watched it with her and support her musical ambitions etc. but it is pretty hard to take some of the scenes/ scenarios etc. that are involved with that show. I would be more than happy to get out in a cold shop to miss those parts.

Guilty on the playing with lures mimicking action ​in the cold shop too..

In the last 20 minutes I think I doned got a little stoopider. Thank god its not a Jersey shore night

With you on that one LR! Some of these shows are absolutely mind numbing. Basically all of the major networks play to the lowest common denominator and sort of glorify stupidity, trivia and shallow mindedness. Appalling how popular they are really and makes you wonder about humanity. Me I'm a PBS, Knowledge network or Oasis channel guy myself, except when English or European soccer is on Sportsnet of course!! LOL

Guys I came up with an idea and it has worked twice so far. My wife loves that house wife crap, Jersey hores and Kardashian Sh*@! So when she comes to my TV room to watch I pretent to fall a sleep 10 minutes in. Both times so far she snuck away on the next comercial so to not wake me. When I hear another TV clink on I switch it back to my show and enjoy.

Works for me give it a try....

I hear you but in all reality most of us men would be screwed without the better half. I am blessed with a wife that likes her down time and allow's me to get out there.

The one show that my daughter loves is Glee! I have watched it with her and support her musical ambitions etc. but it is pretty hard to take some of the scenes/ scenarios etc. that are involved with that show. I would be more than happy to get out in a cold shop to miss those parts.

X2 on the Glee thing.... I have just enough TV's that I can escape the pink thing ..... ;)

TV sucks. I cancelled my regular cable and satellite services well over a year ago. Haven't looked back since. The gut wrenching commercials (how do some even make it to air) and the shows you all mentioned...they are a large part of the destruction of mankind.

The only true reality TV is COPS and even then I doubt its 'reality'....

Cancel your subscriptions, you'll be better for it. I use my time far more constructively as you don't really notice the burden TV puts on your life, until you do away with it.

I still have the internet though, for news, sports, ect...

x2 finished business. Going on 6 yrs without cable. The best part is christmas time. The kids don't watch all the commercials and drive the wife and I nuts by wanting everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
most nights i have tv to myself, daughter (17) and i watch idol and x factor have since she was like 7, this is our time so i suck it up a bit but no glee ****, no mom shows and my daughter fishes to

Wife and 2 girls will be watching friggin survivor while I'm tying liters drinkin a beer under a heat lamp in the shed listening to some tunes thinkin of ways to maximize efficiency on the boat! LOL

Lawd help me.....

Its that stupid Honey Boo Boo show now,,,, and big brother.

suicide.gif

Wife and 2 girls will be watching friggin survivor while I'm tying liters drinkin a beer under a heat lamp in the shed listening to some tunes thinkin of ways to maximize efficiency on the boat! LOL

I will now do the same...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got three TV's in the house that the wife and guests can watch, the biggest being 52". My garage has an older 26"and I'm OK with that, but just don't try to tell me what I'm gonna watch when you come out there for a visit.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

Back