My Dad is Back in Jail

Sushihunter

For your information:

My Dad is Back in Jail
Supreme Court of Canada Refuses to Hear Appeal

KateysFirearmsFacts.jpg
BruceQP1.jpg

My dad, (Bruce Montague, right) is back in jail as of Wednesday Sept 15th 2010.

He was required to surrender himself to jail before the Supreme Court of Canada would release their decision on whether or not to hear his appeal.

On Thursday, September 16, almost six years to the day after he was arrested, the Supreme Court of Canada issued their one-line decision about whether they’d hear his case:

DISMISSED WITHOUT COSTS

It would be an understatement to say that we are disappointed with the Supreme Court decision. As a result, he will have to finish out his 18-month sentence for violating Canada’s Firearms Act. If you’re the praying type, please pray for my Dad while he is in jail and for his early parole as soon as he is eligible.

Thanks.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Forfeiture of our Family Home

If you’ve been following my Dad’s case, you’ll remember that the Ontario Attorney General seized our family home using Ontario’s Proceeds of Crime Act on September 14th, 2005.

Ontario Senior Counsel James McKeachie did this without informing my parents about it, and after my parents DID find out about it, tried re-assuring them by saying, “we will wait until you have exhausted your appeals before re-opening this case.”

He has graciously allowed my parents to keep living in the home until the appeals process was complete, and said he would proceed regardless of the outcome of the criminal trial.

So now my Dad is back in jail, and my Mom is dealing with the impending commencement of the house seizure.

Now that the Supreme Court of Canada has refused to hear my Dad’s case, the appeals process is over.

There is one possible exception though. The Supreme Court rules have what amounts to a faint hope clause that allows my Dad to apply for a “Reconsideration” of their decision. But whether my Dad applies for this reconsideration or not, one thing is practically certain: Ontario’s attorney General will restart the process for stealing our family’s home. If you have any information about how to fight the house seizure in court, please let me know so I can pass it on to my Mom.

I ask for your prayers for her and our entire family as we deal with this latest assault on our freedom.

Katey Montague
Katey’s Rights and Freedom Bulletin Sept 18, 2010

http://kateysfirearmsfacts.com/Bulletin/Katey's%20Rights%20and%20Freedom%20Bulletin%20No.%203.pdf

http://kateysfirearmsfacts.com/Bulletin/

http://brucemontague.ca/html/index.html

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Sorry to hear your family has to deal with such a thing. Had no idea Sush.

I will think positive thoughts as I'm sure all your fishin' bud's on here will as well.

Good Karma will find its way to you and your family.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Jim, if this intended to be family related, you look the same age as your dad, that's a good thing............:D:D

T Rex

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Jim, if this intended to be family related, you look the same age as your dad, that's a good thing............:D:D

T Rex

seaswirlstiper.jpg

This guy tried pushing the issue with the feds. He as well as every other Canadian didn't like the Gun registry, unlike many of us he did not register his guns. He did however make it publicly known that he was against this law and would not comply with it.

IMHO I think he got exactly what was coming to him. If I had unregistered guns in my home I would not be drawing all kinds of attention to that fact. RCMP are pretty much forced to attend a residence if they hear there are unregistered firearms there. It is thier job to do so, they just did their job. Bruce Montague choose the loudmouth look at me approach to fighting this law, he should have thought it out and just registered his guns like the rest of us that didn't like any part of this law, then he could of been a loudmouth all he wanted with no repercussions for his family. Hard to feel sorry for him and the predicament he has put his family in. He made his bed...

"
If you’ve been following my Dad’s case, you’ll remember that the Ontario Attorney General seized our family home using Ontario’s Proceeds of Crime Act on September 14th, 2005."

What information are we missing here? How could his home be considered as "proceeds of crime" for him to merely not register his firearms? That does not fit.

A liar will assume you are lying

^^^ and its people with that very thought process that will be the demise of our civil rights. So you own any guns? do you really understand bill c-68? Do you want your children to be able to bear arms? or best case their children to be able too? Its guys like this that are few and far between. AND WE NEED THESE PEOPLE. why? Because no one stands up for anything anymore. We sit at our desks, and behind our computers and *****, and send emails, and *****. This man went to parliment hill WITH unregistered firearms to prove his point. This is true passion and belief which many of us will never know. This is how you get people to notice. Have you read everything about this case? obviously not or you wouldn't be making those comments. Of course he got what was coming too, he fully provoked it. And its actions like this that have pushed things like bill C-391.

unreal...

I think any RCMP or any official doesnt go into a home or search wondering if there is guns in the place IMAO they would think every place they enter they are always cautious I think a cop is more prone to think EVERY place has potential to having guns.

We have done what they wanted and i guess its working cause ive registered all my guns and I havent robbed a bank or murdered anyone!!!!!!!!so it must work!!!! WHAT A JOKE....

next your going to tell me people who committ crimes register there guns too and THEN go out and commit crimes, yeah right.....

What we need is so simple anyone caught comitting a crime with a firearm be it robbing a bank, murder etc simple bring back capital punishment, the person who killed someone like clifford olson stick em in the electric chair he will never get out anyways why spend billions of taxpayers money supporting these scum. we treat our animals better a dog bites a kid you put it down. put these guys down for the count as well......

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by lorneparker1

^^^ and its people with that very thought process that will be the demise of our civil rights. So you own any guns? do you really understand bill c-68? Do you want your children to be able to bear arms? or best case their children to be able too? Its guys like this that are few and far between. AND WE NEED THESE PEOPLE. why? Because no one stands up for anything anymore. We sit at our desks, and behind our computers and *****, and send emails, and *****. This man went to parliment hill WITH unregistered firearms to prove his point. This is true passion and belief which many of us will never know. This is how you get people to notice. Have you read everything about this case? obviously not or you wouldn't be making those comments. Of course he got what was coming too, he fully provoked it. And its actions like this that have pushed things like bill C-391.

unreal...

I don't know Bruce Montague, or all the details of the case.
From his daughters website, his sentence is broken down below.
I'm not sure most gun owners have handgungs with silencers, file off serial numbers, or convert their guns to fully automatic.
I'm guessing the "proceeds of crime" thing relates to him selling such weapons (the website says he is a "gunsmith"), unless he was doing this for hiw own use... in which case - what is he doing this for?

As written in the unofficial Sentencing Report available at www.BruceMontague.ca, Bruce Montague was sentenced as follows:

For six counts of “storing the two non-restricted firearms in a not unloaded condition” - one year probation

For possession of firearms without a license and his “Deliberate defiance of the law in this respect” - six months imprisonment

For one count of possession of a silenced .22 caliber pistol – 12 months;

For one count of “possession of a prohibited device” – 90 day sentence to be served in the community;

For three counts of “possession of oversize magazines” – 90 day sentence to be served in the community;

For nine counts of “possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearms or prohibited firearms with ammunition readily accessible” – 12 months;

For three counts of “altering a firearm to fire automatically” - 18 months.

For four counts of “the deliberate defacing or removal of a serial number” – 12 months;

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

WOW if that what he has been allegelly charged with, thats not good at all as pointed out very many sides to a story.

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

unreal...

WTF?

I asked for info and did not slag the man. Of course i do not support the registry and my history regarding firearms is not for the web.
No i am not very familiar with the case and as such did not make a statement either condoning or condemning the man. Your a joke as you have no idea who you are talking to but shot from the hip regardless.

Regarding what i just read about "silenced weapons" etc, that would give me good reason to be careful about supporting this man.

quote:Originally posted by Justfish

unreal...

WTF?

I asked for info and did not slag the man. Of course i do not support the registry and my history regarding firearms is not for the web.
No i am not very familiar with the case and as such did not make a statement either condoning or condemning the man. Your a joke as you have no idea who you are talking to but shot from the hip regardless.

Regarding what i just read about "silenced weapons" etc, that would give me good reason to be careful about supporting this man.

Sorry bout that!! The post was meant for the guy above you..... You must have posted while i was replying.

A misunderstanding, classy of you to clear it up, thanks!:)

quote:Originally posted by Justfish

"
If you’ve been following my Dad’s case, you’ll remember that the Ontario Attorney General seized our family home using Ontario’s Proceeds of Crime Act on September 14th, 2005."

What information are we missing here? How could his home be considered as "proceeds of crime" for him to merely not register his firearms? That does not fit.

Bruce is a gunsmith. He make money by working on customers guns. The Ontario government has chosen to call this "proceeds of crime". Pretty far stretch if you ask me!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Sorry to hear your family has to deal with such a thing. Had no idea Sush.

No. No relation here. The article was writen by Bruce's daughter who has been quite proactive in the fight against C68 and the Failed Liberal Gun Registry.

I've been following Bruce Montague's case for many years - long before he was arrested in fact. Bruce was a member of the Firearms Digest that I belong to. Been on it since about 1992 when I first got on the internet.

In fact, I just got an email from his wife Donna today. I'll post it in this thread.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

By email to me - Sushihunter

Bruce phoned me tonight and asked me to send this e-mail for him.

Dear Supporters:

I am writing this from my jail cell with a heavy heart. As you already have heard the Supreme court of Canada has refused to hear our appeal. It appears our legal options have just terminated.

I thank you all for your support over the last 6 years. It has been a long haul and I couldn't have done it without you. I just feel bad that our fight for our rights weren't seriously considered by our state appointed Judges.

If it is any consolation our legal arguments supporting "our right to posses arms for our defense" must be right on target for the simple reason there were NO counter arguments given and THAT THE JUDGES ALL SIMPLY IGNORED OUR ARGUMENTS.

For those who enjoy a little heavy reading, we've posted the Memorandum of Argument which we submitted as part of our Application for Leave to Appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada

http://www.brucemontague.ca/html/0401.html

It is a shock to me that the judges can give a ruling without giving any reasons or rationale for their ruling. I was told this type of "ruling" is only an "unsubstantiated opinion". I find this facet of our "justice" system very disturbing and I hope you do as well.

Although this letter is filled mostly with bad news keep in mind that
although we have lost this battle the war is not over for Freedom.

Yours in Liberty,

Bruce and Donna Montague

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

quote:

I don't know Bruce Montague, or all the details of the case.
From his daughters website, his sentence is broken down below.
I'm not sure most gun owners have handgungs with silencers, file off serial numbers, or convert their guns to fully automatic.
I'm guessing the "proceeds of crime" thing relates to him selling such weapons (the website says he is a "gunsmith"), unless he was doing this for hiw own use... in which case - what is he doing this for?

As written in the unofficial Sentencing Report available at www.BruceMontague.ca, Bruce Montague was sentenced as follows:

For six counts of “storing the two non-restricted firearms in a not unloaded condition” - one year probation

For possession of firearms without a license and his “Deliberate defiance of the law in this respect” - six months imprisonment

For one count of possession of a silenced .22 caliber pistol – 12 months;

For one count of “possession of a prohibited device” – 90 day sentence to be served in the community;

For three counts of “possession of oversize magazines” – 90 day sentence to be served in the community;

For nine counts of “possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearms or prohibited firearms with ammunition readily accessible” – 12 months;

For three counts of “altering a firearm to fire automatically” - 18 months.

For four counts of “the deliberate defacing or removal of a serial number” – 12 months;

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the charges. Don't forget that in cases like this where the police and the state are trying to make a point, they will charge for EVERYTHING they can think of. Also, the court that did convict him, threw out half the charges.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Bruce was a licensed gunsmith who did work for police and military. They use fully automatic firearms. Worn firearms can also go full auto, without any intention by their owner of doing so. If you want to push this, I can show you how to make a Mini-14 go full-auto with a piece of string and no modification to the gun. Quite a useless exercise unless you goal is to burn up expensive ammo.

For those of you who own firearms and maybe even hunt, I would suggest that you find out more about Bruce's case because the same thing could happen to you. All you have to do is forget to renew your license.

On Wednesday (today!) parliament will vote on a motion to kill Bill C391 which would kill the long-gun registry. If the motion passes, and it looks like they have enough votes to do so, then the Failed Liberal Gun Registry will be with us for some time to come. The only way may be to elect a majority Conservative government in the next election. Only then will we be able to get rid of the registry.

Vote is to take place at about 5:30 PM EDT or 2:30 PM PDT in BC

You can watch on CPAC or CBC NewsWorld.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

Back