Mudrakers?

H

heavy nets33

Just wondering if anybodys had any luck catching lingcod with mudrakers?? What are usually the most productive jigs for lings??

Thanks for any info;)

Heavy nets

He's only half kidding. The biggest Ling I've ever caught chomped down on a small rockfish that I had hooked about 10 seconds earlier. I brought them both up to the surface and the Ling never let go. That is pretty common from what I can tell.

I agree with the live greenling things......just make sure when you bring up the big ling that you don't break the surface with it or it will be history.

Small flounder work realy well too. I have used the mudracker for Hali and we did pick up a nice ling last trip to swiftsure.

Just went out and bought a delta tackle 8oz. jumbo anchovie in green and a gibbs floorwalker. Ill be going out tonight and will report if i have any luck

Thanks for all the tips;)

Heavy nets

While at Swiftsure I fished a mudraker and my buddy switched to a white glow power grub on a 10-12 oz jighead.I ended up getting a hali in the same time it took my friend to catch 3 lings!
The power grub is the ling slayer for sure!

which ones from Berkley,LC?Not asking for your secret weapon,but wouldnt mind expanding my tackle selection![:p]
Hooch

Tried at snake island friday afternoon. Couple of nice lings to the boat. all were released:) The biggest one being around 15 pounds. All on the 8oz. delta tackle jumbo anchovie in green. Ill make sure to try the power grubs sometime;)

Heavy nets;)

Hoochiebob
the new product from Berkley is called GULP. There is some cool looking 5",8" and 10" squids that work well for bottomfish. Lots of different colors. They also make some other shapes that fit into anchovy holders and strip holders. Shops like Island Outfitters have a great selection of this sort of stuff.

For those that don't know about it,the strips are actually called Gulp "Cut Bait". Comes in a sheet and about 6 different flavours. You can cut it to shape and size tip hootchies with it, use it in Rhys Davis strip holders, wrap a plug with a small piece or just fish it by it's self. In some USA markets it's called "Bait in a bag".

Back