MR 2 Reel Servicing

Peterman

Bought a pair of the older Gold MR 2's a couple years ago... used..

Pretty sure the drags need servicing... I believe the cork is glazed on one of them..
Should these go back to Islander in Victoria or can someone do them in the Nanaimo area ?

Thanks..

I bought a kit to service mine, which was super simple...that being said, I didn't have any glazing issues to deal with.

FishWish

I got mine serviced at island outfitters a few months ago, it went in in rough shape and came out feeling brand new with a buttery smooth drag, cost $15. Well worth it for me.

I don't know what kind of servicing you got, but i sent 2 reels in with bearing issues, and bill came to $100. Heariing lots of complaints lately about cost for repairs. Years ago it was half that price..

Hmm I don't think I have the receipt anymore but I think they replaced a washer and just cleaned it all up and regressed everything, I don't think they did anything to the bearings.

I don't know what kind of servicing you got, but i sent 2 reels in with bearing issues, and bill came to $100. Heariing lots of complaints lately about cost for repairs. Years ago it was half that price..

Back