Moucha bay Resort

tinboatrobb

We are thinking of taking our 14.5 Lund up to Moucha bay for a few days of camping in early September. I am wondering if there are fishing opportunities in the inlet for salmon and bottom fish. Also, would anyone know what the winds are typically like up there at that time of the year? I have depth sounder, chartplotter and all safety gear so would venture outside if it was safe to do so. Any first hand info would be great. I tried to email them but it got returned. Thanks.

I fished from Moutcha two years in an 11' whaler. Very fishable from a small boat, but September is too late for springs which will be black on the inside waters by then. I don't know about coho fishing there. It's about an hour to the Lighthouse area where you begin to approach open ocean. You won't want to be going offshore in a small boat and you won't need to if you go in early August.
Do a search. There is some great info.

Great fishing for springs and Coho. Fish hoiss or coopte. You'll still get chrome. But may have to release a few darker one's Fishing derby is weekend before long weekend. I think mootcha has a kayak derby around then to, so fish still to be had. Bottom fish not happening. Kinda late fish move out to deeper water to spawn. 14' boat probably not getting you there. Consider camping at cougar creek?

Thanks for the replies. we are looking for a campground with showers and flush toilets. I will investigate other places along the west coast and take any other suggestions. Thanks.

Like pescador said mootcha is a great place. Nootka is a beauti place to visit, a must do.
I just mention cougar as it is across from some good fishing spots and would minimize your run in the afternoon wind.

Back