Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

IronNoggin

And backs that with some rather disturbing FOI revelations...

Dear Senior DFO Staff Some Must Step Away from the Fish​

"These are just three of many examples where senior DFO management withheld critical information which served to protect the salmon farming industry while causing Fraser River sockeye and other salmon severe harm.

Your conduct has also crippled the salmon farming industry. You removed any incentive from the industry to meet the standards Canadians expect to protect wild salmon and thus you have made the industry wholly dependent on your capacity to suppress science. Had your approach been more responsible (honest), BC would have a flourishing wild salmon economy and be a leader in the more sustainable methods of farming salmon that have captured global investment.

Given how entrenched this behaviour has become, I believe early retirement or transfer away from decisions affecting wild salmon will have to come to a significant number of senior staff.

And backs that with some rather disturbing FOI revelations...

Dear Senior DFO Staff Some Must Step Away from the Fish​

"These are just three of many examples where senior DFO management withheld critical information which served to protect the salmon farming industry while causing Fraser River sockeye and other salmon severe harm.

Your conduct has also crippled the salmon farming industry. You removed any incentive from the industry to meet the standards Canadians expect to protect wild salmon and thus you have made the industry wholly dependent on your capacity to suppress science. Had your approach been more responsible (honest), BC would have a flourishing wild salmon economy and be a leader in the more sustainable methods of farming salmon that have captured global investment.

Given how entrenched this behaviour has become, I believe early retirement or transfer away from decisions affecting wild salmon will have to come to a significant number of senior staff.

I trust DFO a helluva lot more than I trust Morton...Mistakes may or may not have been made in the past, but at least they tried to make things work for the better. Morton and all the other Greenies just want to stop the world from turning, or make it turn their way. ‘nuff said from me about that for now.....

My public reply to Alex:

Well said Alex, well said indeed. I have worked with and alongside DFO for decades. From that it was not at all difficult to ascertain upper "management" bureaucrats, unaccountable to anyone but themselves, largely call the shots within the Ministry. And IMO, those shots have but rarely been in favor of their mandate, but much more so favoring the bureaucrats' continued job security. Many in those upper tiers are incompetent, and many carry levels of corruption that would get them dismissed instantly in the private world. Withholding information from their Minister is not a tactic reserved for salmon farms exclusively, for we have witnessed multiple serious infractions of the same regarding overall fisheries management on our (BC) Coast. It is well past time that most of the senior bureaucrats in Vancouver & Ottawa are reigned in, and forced to either conduct themselves in a manner aligning explicitly with their mandate, or get the hell out of the way and let someone who will fill their positions.

Cheers,
Matt

Its just sickening to read what is really going on. They now they are killing the Wild Salmon in various ways yet continually choose to ignore it and hide the information from the Deputy Minister so no one is ever held accountable. I think people should be put in Jail for this.

Beyond sad - criminal, really as you said Terrin. I know many don't like AM or the narrative provided. But that's not the point. These are ATIPS from the feds. This is your lead agency for the protection of wild salmon lying and being derelict in their duties. That's where the accountability and outrage should be focused. This has been a problem since they dismantled the Fisheries Research Board of Canada and made the current model of DFO. With the collusion, & corruption within DFO over aquaculture started after Yves Bastion. This is unfortunately not a surprise to me, just confirmation of whom the puppet master is. Time to dismantle DFO and reinstitute something like the FRBS again.

Previous life I was a bureaucrat in the Province of Ontario and left for the reason AM states. The top was dead rotted zombie ville. Nobody (as in the private sector) could challenge their welded to the floor positions unlike private enterprise as this clique counted the days to obese benefit overkill pensions. Privatize the management of fisheries with lucrative bonus for increased fisheries bio mass.

the noveau royalty. Canada's Royal mafia. Not a surprise. What is a surprise is that their existence and interference has now become mainstream news. Maybe we are on the cusp of change - I hope.

First head to roll:
Andrew Thompson - Pacific Region Regional Director.
Lateral transfer about to take place.
Basically a demotion to a portfolio he has no experience with (typical for DFO btw...)
Confirmed and in the works.
You heard it here first.

Wonder who is next...

Nog

First head to roll:
Andrew Thompson - Pacific Region Regional Director.
Lateral transfer about to take place.
Basically a demotion to a portfolio he has no experience with (typical for DFO btw...)
Confirmed and in the works.
You heard it here first.

Wonder who is next...

Nog

Rebecca Reid?

Rebecca Reid?

I am SOOOO Hoping!!!
Heres%20Wishing.jpg

Nog

Sadly all these Senior DFO will never be held accountable and will carry on cashing in their fat pensions probably in a house overlooking the ocean empty of fishing boats for a long time to come. Who knows what kind of kickbacks they got from Norway. These untouchables need to be stopped somehow considering the corruption and the incompetence. Wild salmon belongs to all Canadians.

Back