More Backroads to open in B.C

Sounded good at first until it sounds like a money grab. Probably will have to be a accredited club and which means pay to be a member then pay a private insurance company to get access. f'in BS. but im up for anything to keep backroads open.

Overall I think good news however don't let your hopes raise for Vic and Comox area pers. The Rail land swap is private so I do not think will be effected by this. Comox lake main, butler, boneyard and San Juan mains will remain closed I am betting.

HM

for sure they will. that is all timberwest. most of the south island was sold off long ago to logging companies.

I was looking at a map a little while ago and was amazed how much park/crown land there is in washington state and oregon. and not even in bc or our our little island is there land preserved.

BC has ~ 3% of it land mass as private land. Washington St has 36% Public owned, Oregon has 31% public owned.

~13 of the BC land is tied up in parks/conservatories

BC is a huge area, there is so much crown land that is available to access, it would take a few years to cover it all.

Roads will be what they are and always were, built for extraction of timber resources, not for hunting and fishing. We are very luck to be able to access the lands we can. In other provinces and states, most are gated up or rehabed for foot access only.

Good to see some movement to stop ambulance chasers from sueing everybody thay can and putting more of the responsibility on the user.

Cheers

SS

Back