Moorage

Duffer

I don't complain about to many businesses publicly but I thought I would share this story on here for fellow members without mentioning business name.My son came over to Van with his father in law and we decided to go North and fish up North at Stewart Island where he used to Guide and spend the night up there. We launched in CR and headed up Johnston Straights. Fished all day up there with not much action. Around 5 my friends are texting me telling me it's hot all day at CR. So we make a decision to go back down fish there for the evening find a moorage spot and fish CR the next morning. We get down there at CR finally I have cell phone reception and while fishing I try calling a Marina just North of Pacific Playgrounds where I have moored off and on every season for 10 years. To make this short they wouldn't give me a slip for one night unless I was there in person even if I gave them my CC number over the phone. They told me to try Pacific Playgrounds who I couldn't reach by phone. I know a few people that moor there boats at this Marina just north of Pacific Playgrounds and there were several spots available. I ended up pulling my boat out that night and driving all the way back to Comox. This kind of business practise to me is very shabby especially for a Marina. I will never give this marina just north of Pacific Playgrounds one dime of my money again and I will make it a point to let everyone I know not to give them there money either.

That same marina after paying for a launch and parking wanted $8 for a extra vehicle. Even though I was not going to be useing a truck and trailer parking spot and was only going to be there a couple hours.

I park on the road.... :)

Its no wonder they still have moorage available

Back