Modifications you're proud of...

Can't open these thumbnail pics. If there's multiple pics in a post and I try to open a pic, it just quickly runs through all in pics in the small size format. What am I doing wrong? Would love to see these modifications in a larger photo size. TKs.

Think it has to do with something when the website reset itself whenever that was. Anything posted before that date does not show up

The inside of the transom was carpet over plywood so I replaced it with checker plate. It looks good from a distance so I'll have to trim it out. Im thinking of the vinyl edge wrap.

Attachments

• 20170603_191537.jpg
    20170603_191537.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 135
I have been wanting to do this for a while. Replaced the captains seat (was a sleeper seat) with a SmoothMoves suspension seat. Had a new seat box built with storage space to mount it on. Seat works great - a real back saver!

suspension seat 1.JPG

suspension seat 2.JPG

Very nice box. How thick is the top where the seat attaches and is that the same thickness throughout? Love those seats.

Oly

Trying to remember, I think 1/4 or 3/8 inch plate, not sure. Bentley (Jason) would know he built it.

Suspension works great - good price $600 USD from SmoothMoves, ordered through dealer in Edmonton.

Decided to swap out steel cable for a 3" strap on my power winch

Hole on left from the cable. Drilled a new hole through the hub.

Cut a piece to fit.

Attached the strap and bolted it through the hub

Bolted the strap on and cut off excess bolt.

Trying to remember, I think 1/4 or 3/8 inch plate, not sure. Bentley (Jason) would know he built it.

Suspension works great - good price $600 USD from SmoothMoves, ordered through dealer in Edmonton.

Pretty sure it was 1/4" plate

Decided to swap the 5.7 Volvo for an
Evinrude E-tec.

Can't believe the numbers

Four guys full 120 Gallons of fuel. 15hp merc kicker. Really happy with it. Heading to Rivers inlet in Aug. Looking forward to the fuel economy vs the Volvo.
Now THAT is a modification to be proud of......

Awesome fuel economy Tains! You're doing a bit better than me in a 2' shorter aluminum with a 250 yamaha that probably weighs at least a couple thousand pounds less. Not to mention the boat looks great!

Thanks Ryan. The boat is dialed in for sure. Cant believe how well it tracks when at slow speed. With the inboard I was constantly cranking the wheel left to right but not now. I have the lowrance fuel flow meter as well but not hooked up as of yet. Going to hook that in as well and compare the two. Also might add I just installed the lowrance autopilot and what a game changer. Can't imagine fishing into the wind without it now. Lol.

Trains, you can change your display configuration so it only shows one engine. Page 20 of the manual.

Decided to swap the 5.7 Volvo for an
Evinrude E-tec.

Can't believe the numbers

Four guys full 120 Gallons of fuel. 15hp merc kicker. Really happy with it. Heading to Rivers inlet in Aug. Looking forward to the fuel economy vs the Volvo.

Wow! Beautiful boat Tains and killer fuel economy!! Awesome job on the mod to the outboard. Looks amazing.

Back