Mint Campion Explorer 542

Trigger

Campion Explorer 542

Like new 1997 Campion Explorer 542 (18.5') Garage-kept since new.

- Johnson (Suzuki) 140 4-stroke with only 120 hours.

- Honda 8 hp 4-stroke Kicker with prop guard.

- 2 Scotty Electric Downriggers with Scotty braided line.

- Garmin 182C Colour GPS chart-plotter, with additional map chip.

- Lowrance X75 Depth Sounder.

- New Raymarine Ray54 VHF radio.

- AM/FM Marine with 4 Clarion marine speakers.

- Custom clamp-on stainless bait table (not shown in photos).

- Full top/cover (not shown in photos).

- Roadrunner 3000 galvanized trailer with spare wheel. Custom made stainless guides. New winch belt. New tongue jack.

- Recent batteries.

- Oars. Fish tubs. Rod holders. Compass. Solar trickle charger. Black Box. Anchor. New Scotty hand pump. Flares. Horn. Fish cooler. Cannonballs. Flashers. Manuals for everything.

- Immaculate condition and meticulously maintained. Never moored. No bottom paint.

Can email additional photos.

$22,500 OBO

P1050264.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a real nice rig

exactly what Id like to get

but a home reno says Im not quite ready to purchase

good luck

nice ride

tubbed

I had Trigger do the decals on my boat a couple of weeks ago. I can speak to the fact that he is meticulous, and a straight shooter.
I was checking out his boat while I was at his shop. It was stored inside in a large shop and looked pretty much brand new, and immaculate.

Boats run on Gas, not Thanks!

It is gently used. I'm a bit of a maniac for taking care of my things. You're supposed to change the oil after every 2 hours of operation aren't you? :D

I don't want to sell her, but I lamentably need to in order buy an expensive piece of equipment for my business. I also need the space for that piece of equipment. I've wrestled with this for a long time, and I have no other option.

I am open to offers, but all things considered, the value is there.

And hey......this boat catches fish:

July3rd-04-40lbs.jpg

Cheers.

Geez, I thought I was anal about keeping my stuff in good repair.
Some one is going to get a sweet rig.

Too bad about having to let her go.....
Good luck
Dan.

For interest sake what performance do you get from that motor. Speed and gas usage. I looked at one a few years back . Nice setup. Thanks Willyd

quote:Originally posted by WillyD

For interest sake what performance do you get from that motor. Speed and gas usage. I looked at one a few years back . Nice setup.

The engine runs like a top. I generally just run at about 3800 - 4200 rpm to my fishing spot, and then let it idle for a minute or two before shutting it off. I don't know what the fuel consumption numbers are, but it's very thrifty and a dramatic reduction from the old 115 2-stroke that came with the boat. Top speed is about 45 mph on the GPS, but I never go there, as it's not a race.

The 90/115/140 Johnson engines are SUZUKI engines, right down to the last bolt. They bought them from SUZUKI, painted them white, and put their own decals on. I guess they figured that they couldn't compete with the efforts of SUZUKI to build a superior engine.

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Could you please post a photo of the cuddy inside? Thanks.

Ok, here we go. Here's two shots of the cuddy with all cushions in:

P1050298.jpg

P1050300.jpg

...and here's subsequent shots of the cushions removed in stages. I used it with the first one removed:

P1050302.jpg

P1050303.jpg

There's a nice storage hole right up front:

P1050307.jpg

...and good sized storage bays on both sides:

P1050309.jpg

Interior light, and custom made chart/document holder (stainless):

P1050310.jpg

Oh, and here's a shot with the rear seats in, and that custom made bait table (stainless & teflon):

P1050293.jpg

P1050295.jpg

That boat is in great shape and I will vouch for the motor. I had the same one on my harbercraft and it is bullet proof and economical.

That boat is in great shape and I will vouch for the motor. I had the same one on my harbercraft and it is bullet proof and economical.

Back