mid-island trout fishing, cutties, and 'bows and b

fishhawk8

Hi all,

We'll be heading up to the Qualicum area for the long weekend and was wondering if anyone has been out and what their successes (or failures) have been. Staying on the Little Q, and will fish there but has anybody tried any of the following over the past week or so and how was it. I'm looking at taking a few day trips to a couple of the following areas Spider Lake, Cameron Lake, Horne Lake, Big Qualicum R., and maybe some lakes in the P.A. Valley.

Feel free to mail me if you think I may have missed somewhere that I should maybe look at.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

Whoo-hoo!!!!! The long weekend is near, an I took Friday too. [8D][8D]

George

Big Q is always worth checkin out. Lots of pig cuttys in the deep slow pools this time of year although they are usually pretty spooky.

I haven't been to any of the lakes in that area this year, but they've done good for me other years, but I love fishing the little Q. The fish may not be huge, but they make up for it numbers and excitement. If you fish above the falls you may get rewarded with some browns too. Size 12 tomb thumbs and strikes on most casts. The browns you need awoolybugger or muddler or something. the rainbowseat them too though.

Have fun

Chevy and Kelly- myself and Kildonen fished the Big Q. last summer for a few days with mixed results and it is exactly as you say. Very frustrating at times when you see those good sized cutties in the pools and they don't want to touch much. We did manage to turn a few though. Lots of fun.

Back