Mid 90’s Campion explorers stringer lay outs

Salmon-slayer

Hey just woundering if any of you guys have had the floor off a 188 explorer. Curious how far the foam runs beside the bilge and belly tank on eaither side.

Not sure what yours is but I’ve got a late 70s 17.5 campion and it was full of wet foam from front to back. About 300 lbs worth.

not Mine just been shopping around for a new boat trophy or explorer but find all the explorers I’ve looked at have wet foam issue nice boats but rotting from the inside out

not Mine just been shopping around for a new boat trophy or explorer but find all the explorers I’ve looked at have wet foam issue nice boats but rotting from the inside out

My experience too. At least with boats a little older. Unfortunate, as they made some pretty nice ones.

How are you determining this? I have a 98 Campion 542, I would have to drill holes to find foam.

How are you determining this? I have a 98 Campion 542, I would have to drill holes to find foam.
188 is the I/O models either side of the bilge forward end trace up from the engine mount just below the deck there is a spray of glass over the foam. When wet it starts to bubble up and you can stick your fingers threw it. If that makes sense ? Not sure how the 542 is as I haven’t checked one out.

188 is the I/O models either side of the bilge forward end trace up from the engine mount just below the deck there is a spray of glass over the foam. When wet it starts to bubble up and you can stick your fingers threw it. If that makes sense ? Not sure how the 542 is as I haven’t checked one out.

Give campion a phone call. They are located in Kelowna and the staff there are super helpful. They should be able to answer any questions.

Back