Mercury Optimax DFI Oil - Vancouver

demco99

Hi guys I tried a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. Where is the best place to buy this engine oil in Vancouver?

Thanks,
Nick

For oil I usually get the big 2.5 gal from steveston marine, saves a bit of $ over the 1 gal containers. I also run the Mercury quickclean once every couple tanks of fuel, seems to keep throttle response nice and "crisp". If interested check with Breakwater Marine in Surrey they gave me a great deal on a bunch of quickclean as they were overstocked last year..

poco marine used to get drums of it,, get some two strokers together for a group buy?

Don't cheap out, get the Merc DFI oil. The motors wear way better with it. RPM showed me the guts of one opti that used it and one that didn't.........huge difference in motor life. Most dealers sell it in bulk using your own containers.

poco marine used to get drums of it,, get some two strokers together for a group buy?

I'm interested - I was thinking of keeping a drum in my garage and filling small jugs to keep at dock and refill as needed..

Thanks for the tip on the mercury quicklean Bait&Sea, I will look into this product..

I'm interested - I was thinking of keeping a drum in my garage and filling small jugs to keep at dock and refill as needed..

Thanks for the tip on the mercury quicklean Bait&Sea, I will look into this product..

I just buy it from my dealer which happens to be Alberni Power and Marine. They have it in bulk like Fishtofino stated. They give you one gallon jugs. I have about 10 of them now. I agree with using the special Opti oil. Don't mess around. Everything I researched about the Opti's said to use the oil and use the Quickleen and Quickare as suggested by the manufacturer etc.

I was nervous going 2stroke from 4 stroke but I am really happy with the motor. The response and time to plane is unreal!!!

I buy it across the border in Bellingham at clearwater marine . $79 for the 2.5 gallon jug. Use to be a great deal, now just a good deal. The prices at local dealers are ludicrous.

I buy it across the border in Bellingham at clearwater marine . $79 for the 2.5 gallon jug. Use to be a great deal, now just a good deal. The prices at local dealers are ludicrous.

Yeah, that's cheaper but still not worth the drive for me ;). Check out the bulk program at Bridgeview. That is probably your best bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back