Mercruiser trim switches

Matt16

My UP/DOWN buttons don't work after not running the boat for a month. Trailer trim works fine, but I don't even get a relay click if pressing the UP/DOWN buttons. Help! I'm stumped and frustrated and don't really know where to start.

Same happened to me, it was a broken / corroded wire on the solenoid on the trim pump. Shifty to get at on my trophy but an easy fix, do yourself a favor and do them all while your in there

Same happened to me, it was a broken / corroded wire on the solenoid on the trim pump. Shifty to get at on my trophy but an easy fix, do yourself a favor and do them all while your in there
Can you confirm that the trailer trim button continued to work while the UP DOWN toggle was dead?

Can you confirm that the trailer trim button continued to work while the UP DOWN toggle was dead?
As I remember, yes but it was 5 years ago and I'm close to 70 so I have a hard time remembering yesterday

Hopefully it’s an easy fix if not …I got all the stuff to replace it from buttons right down to the braided ram hoses and everything in between pump is very low hour all guaranteed to work or your money back

Last edited:
Back