Merc mechanic near Comox?

T

tortuga

Any know of a decent mechanic besides Parker Marine or Willemar?

SS your kicker came in real handy today.
It's my new best friend:D

Thanks,
Tortuga

Hey Bruce, really glad to hear that! Lets do the Comox Harbour if the wind ever lets down........:( SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Striper Sniper

Hey Bruce, really glad to hear that! Lets do the Comox Harbour if the wind ever lets down........:( SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Roger that SS.
If the rain holds off things could pick up soon.
Was heading for Point Holmes to drop the gear and the merc had a bit of a seizure[xx(]

Small world I saw you guys at the ramp. You were loading up when I was ready to launch. Sorry to hear about the motor. Hope it’s not too serious. GLG

quote:Originally posted by GLG

Small world I saw you guys at the ramp. You were loading up when I was ready to launch. Sorry to hear about the motor. Hope it’s not too serious. GLG

Thought you looked familiar.
I'm going to try 5 star first, he's the closest and he helped me out the other day at his shop.
That motor doesn't owe me a dime so if it's major it'll be time to 'get off the wallet' and go four stroke.
C.S. I've heard good things about Willemar myself, just wanted an opinion asap and the boys were closed.

I have used Dennis at Willemar marine for over 15 years. Always got good service. ( and he IS and authorized Mercury service center)

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

See Terry at 5 Star. No bs and good work.

"One man's pet is another man's food"

Tortuga rides again!
The merc 125 lives to see another day[:p][:p]
Thanks for the feed back fellas, but found my 'backyard' mechanic
and he said it overheated (kelp, plastic?), and shutting her down quick and not trying to restart it saved my butt.
He compression tested the head, snooped around a bit and fired it up.
Fixed a couple other minor problems as well for 60 bucks, on a holiday monday yet.
His company is called 'Don't fall off your wallet marine'.:D

SS, I'm back in town Friday and will be heading out for a scout so I'll keep you posted.
GLG, Ditto.

Back