McClure lake

nice little lake, never had my rod with me, but seen lots of fishing rising , a tin boat or float tube would be great on it, as not much for accesible shoreline

Thanks, fished it yesterday from shore, got 2 nice cuttys. Will take my boat next time, any new info on the lake would be great!

A couple of the guys I used to work with used to fish and camp out there quite a bit. They said it's a nice little lake, but the fish are small but plentiful. I've tried to get there a couple of times in the winter, but there's been too much snow.
What was the campsite like? I've heard it's pretty small and very rustic.

Dave

The camping area would have been great if we could have found a spot. There is just a small pullout off of a main logging road with 3-4 little spots to park an rv. We ended up hiking in off the logging roads down a creek mouth and camping right on the lake in a private area. There did seem to be some smaller fish around, but I did manage a nice 16 inch cutty on my first cast:D

I will throw a pic up later.

-Steve

isn't there some big browns in there? I seem to remember an article in a magazine from years ago where a guy caught a 16 lb brown on a gang troll... same lake?

Blackleech, in my backraods map book, it says somone caght a 18 pound brown in 03. Might be worth trolling around in search of a monster.

-Steve

CampingMcclure164.jpg

Nice cutty!

-Steve

I see a thread like this one, and I am really torn--- LOVE my chuck fishing. It puts food in the freezer and they pull real hard... but on the other hand I grew up fishing beaver ponds and small steams. The anticipation of that strike on a spinner or a trout gorfing down a tom thumb just cant be beat.. I guess its all good.[:I]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I live to fish, I can remeber dropping a line in a puddle when I was 4 yrs old. Its in my blood. I get the same rush from a 2 pound trout and a 30 pound spring. Its my drug!:D

Back