may sturgeon stag trip

robertmcallan

trying to plan a sturgeon trip for a buddies stag and wanting to go in may. just wondering who people are recommending and if the boat would allow 5 guys.

I've had several fun trips with Sturgeon Hunter out of Chilliwack. We go as a group of 4 and the boats are roomy. You'd have to ask them about adding one more.

I know Bent Rods always gets great accolades but it looks like you'd have to call about a 5th person.

1610046278764.png

Give Marc a call at Cascade Fishing Adventures. Big boat nice guy and great fishing gear. I have always been happy fishing with them and I have done so over 6 times.

trying to plan a sturgeon trip for a buddies stag and wanting to go in may. just wondering who people are recommending and if the boat would allow 5 guys.
early May is good, you want to go before freshet is in full swing. Ive used Thomas or Vic from STS

I've had several fun trips with Sturgeon Hunter out of Chilliwack. We go as a group of 4 and the boats are roomy. You'd have to ask them about adding one more.
I second this. Fished with Sturgeon Hunter in 2019. We fished with Steve the owner and he did not let us down. 10 fish the first day only 1 under 5 feet. An 8'6" and a 7'9" topped it off.Much of the same the second day, 7'1" being the winner. He will accommodate 5 people. You can ask him to give the Groom his special belt to use.

Last edited:
I second this. Fished with Sturgeon Hunter in 2019. We fished with Steve the owner and he did not let us down. 10 fish the first day only 1 under 5 feet. An 8'6" and a 7'9" topped it off.Much of the same the second day, 7'1" being the winner. He will accommodate 5 people. You can ask him to give the Groom his special belt to use.
Hahaha yeah the first time that belt comes out is classic WTF moment. Funny as hell.

Give Marc a call at Cascade Fishing Adventures. Big boat nice guy and great fishing gear. I have always been happy fishing with them and I have done so over 6 times.
A good friend of mine goes with him every year. Highly recommends him

Contact Mike at Sturgeon Outfitters! Top notch operation and can even sort out extras like accommodations, helicopter rides, multiple boats if needed, etc.

Hahaha yeah the first time that belt comes out is classic WTF moment. Funny as hell.

The "mangina!"..... Funny, the number of clients I have taken out over the years (no, not a guide) and watch they struggle with a larger fish and then I pull out the strap on and ask if they need it......;)

You've got the biggest freshwater fish of your life on the line, the weight and power are unbelievable. Then suddenly some dude you only met a few minutes or hours earlier has his arms around you in the pants region. That's pretty distracting as it is, but then you look down and see... well, you're gonna hafta take a trip with the Sturgeon Hunter guys to find out more. You will laugh. A lot.

You've got the biggest freshwater fish of your life on the line, the weight and power are unbelievable. Then suddenly some dude you only met a few minutes or hours earlier has his arms around you in the pants region. That's pretty distracting as it is, but then you look down and see... well, you're gonna hafta take a trip with the Sturgeon Hunter guys to find out more. You will laugh. A lot.
I have witnessed this very event.

You won't regret the trip....The most fun I had with my clients is when the "elite" fly fishers get on your boat and you try to teach them how to set the hook....

Many of the businesses I deal with in my job, also love fishing. It is great to get them out on my boat.... the memories are priceless! one always stands out, spent a year or so trying to line up a time that worked for both of us. He was an avid fly fisher. Finally got him and two of his guys out.

He was first up....had a tough time (as many do) understanding the hook set, so I set it for him and passed off the rod. It was a nice fish, just shy of 7'....the fish gave him a hell of a work out.... after releasing the fish, he just sat there.....I asked him if he was okay. His response was nothing in this world will ever match the feeling he was having then.

Make sure you get lots of pictures and you need to film the outing. The jumps, the runs, the sheer power is something all fisherman need to feel, at least once.

Amazing resource. Here I was traveling to Mexico for big game fishing when you can hook into epic fights with powerful fish in exotic mysterious Chilliwack.

Back