Maui Wild Fires Marina gone

Rockfish

Tragic what has happened to Maui and Lahaina with the massive wild fires. Lahaina was such a special historical village and its all gone now. So is the Marina and the large sport fishing boats I have chartered on. Too many deaths and lots of people had to walk into the sea to escape the flames. The world class heritage Banyan tree that took up most of a block is also gone along with buildings from the 1800 and early 1900 hundreds. Very sad.

My home away from home. So sad, the house we say in burnt to the gate, but house is safe. The Gardener/cleaning staff of the place have lost their homes. They said the fire came down the hill and cut off both ends of town and Front Street became grid lock and everyone just had to run to the sea. Must have been terrifying.

We have been going to Maui for 30 years. Usually stay in Napili but had a lot of fun times in Lahaina. Heartbreaking.

So sad. I was just in Lahaina in March. Always stay at aina nalu. It’s my home away from home. Saw the before and after images, and it’s now just dust.
IMG_0319.jpeg13D210B8-7F8D-4831-A409-71F8045B63D3.jpeg70103095010__B080E42D-2C0A-4ED7-A98C-73FFE5609EFB.jpegIMG_0191.jpegGot a Tattoo booked for a week from Wednesday. Similar to this:
IMG_7871.jpeg

Tragic indeed. Been there before and it was amazing. We are slated to stay just north of there in November. Figure we will give it a couple of weeks to see what the outlook is, and then decide whether to pull the chute.

Back