Maui Guides

Just look for the boat in the Marina with a picture of Kermit or Miss Piggy on the hull and you should feel right at home buddy! ;-P

I went with Finest Kind out of Lahaina Harbour. Had a great time. Fun guys to fish with. Ended up with 2 short billed spearfish and a nice mahi-mahi. Definitely recommend them. If you tend to get seasick, take gravol. The swells were awesome when I was out there. So much fun! I'm lucky that I don't get sea sick, but the other guys on the boat sure did.

Hey jim...

I'll ask my buddy today; he went with someone in Maui last year and said it was unreal. It was a younger guy (20ish) who ran the boat but told them they had to be at the boat well before sunrise so they could head out. Apparently a lot of the other guides always follow the kid...hahaha.

They were into fish all day......tuna after tuna after tuna....mahi mahi, and I think wahoo as well. Said it was ridiculous and he was sick of reeling in fish by early afternoon.

Die hard (Lahina) leaves the earliest, goes the furthest to find 'em and consistently brings in the most catch. We had several tuna, mahi and one wahoo. Long day but what a blast. Oh ya...big seas....We were way the hell out there. The only time I have been green so take gravol if you even come close to getting sick off shore here. The shared boat deal was a great deal. $200 for all the fish the family I could eat for the week.

I think you have to arrange with the skipper before you go as to what fish you would like to keep.

It's not like here were you keep all the fish .

Have Fun . Maui is like a piece of heaven.

Monk

Hey jim...

I'll ask my buddy today; he went with someone in Maui last year and said it was unreal. It was a younger guy (20ish) who ran the boat but told them they had to be at the boat well before sunrise so they could head out. Apparently a lot of the other guides always follow the kid...hahaha.

They were into fish all day......tuna after tuna after tuna....mahi mahi, and I think wahoo as well. Said it was ridiculous and he was sick of reeling in fish by early afternoon.

Pippen,

Can you fisnd out what time of year your buddy was there?

If you are prone to being seasick, get a prescription from you doctor for transderm-V. It's a seasickness patch that is really effective, but you have to take it at least 8 hours BEFORE you go out fishing for it to be effective. It's just a patch that you put behind you ear. There are some side effects, such as having blurred vision when looking far out. What I did when I took it, was to cut the patch in half. I experienced ZERO side-effects, and never got sick. But if you are prone to getting seasick, it may be better to take a whole patch.

When fishing Hawaii, it's good to check the seasons for when the fishing is hot. I went in February, which supposedly is a horrible fishing time. Didn't catch a thing, but I guess that's why the call the sport fishing and not catching!

Transderm V is great........and you do NOT nead a prescription. You buy over the counter at drug stores

I think it depends where you get it. I had to get a prescription in Calgary, but maybe I didn't look in the right place. When I was in Winter Harbour a week later, I noticed they were selling it over the counter at The Outpost, which is just a general store.

Back