Marine Insurance Renewal “5 Year Survey Required”. - My Story

Trophy

Got the old dog and pony tales of why they need another survey, 3rd in 10 years. Offered them my boat any time for a survey at their expense…no dice.…haha

I completed 6 marine insurance quote forms found on line. All numbers submitted, same as present renewal.
One said they only cover newer boats, fair enough. One came back with an extremely high quote but apologized and would only submitt if I really wanted to proceed. Four others had similar $ quotes and values to present renewal but none of them required a new survey just some up to date pictures.
Saved myself the cost of a survey $350.

Hope this story helps others faced with the same dilemma.

Got the old dog and pony tales of why they need another survey, 3rd in 10 years. Offered them my boat any time for a survey at their expense…no dice.…haha

I completed 6 marine insurance quote forms found on line. All numbers submitted, same as present renewal.
One said they only cover newer boats, fair enough. One came back with an extremely high quote but apologized and would only submitt if I really wanted to proceed. Four others had similar $ quotes and values to present renewal but none of them required a new survey just some up to date pictures.
Saved myself the cost of a survey $350.

Hope this story helps others faced with the same dilemma.
thanks for the info. do you mind me asking what company you went with and what your annual premiums are for your boat and approx boat value? you can pm me if you want

Back