Marine Conservation Caucus speaks out against SFAB MSF Chinook proposals!

cohochinook

The Marine Conservation Caucus speaks out against SFAB Chinook proposals. The MCC is made up of 9 organizations that promoting this crap response and fighting hard against some sound proposals that were put forward by the SFAB. Pay close attention to the names of the organizations on the list, as some of you may have donated to them in the past like myself. I am no longer going to give a penny to any of them! I plan to burn my Skeena Wild hat and hoodie!

Attachments

• MCC-Letter-to-Minister-Jordan-re.-MSF-2021-March-18.pdf
    174.5 KB · Views: 99
I think it's always been pretty clear that the different ENGOs on this caucus have their own agendas - and few of them are honest about what those agendas are, along with the ties & politics both within and between the ENGOs (e.g. the ties between WWSS & SkeenaWild). I think the only 2 ENGOs I trust are the PSF and the T. Buck Suzuki Fdn - which are not part of this MCC.

The Marine Conservation Caucus speaks out against SFAB Chinook proposals. The MCC is made up of 9 organizations that promoting this crap response and fighting hard against some sound proposals that were put forward by the SFAB. Pay close attention to the names of the organizations on the list, as some of you may have donated to them in the past like myself. I am no longer going to give a penny to any of them! I plan to burn my Skeena Wild hat and hoodie!
I only saw seven organizations listed but yes be careful where you donate so you are not screwing yourself while supporting their salaries.

DFO is going accept the proposals. That is my guess or else letter wouldn't have been written. A last ditch effort to sit and waste the ministers time again. Better get those FRIM calculations ready.

Personally think it's good news the MCC is finally on the offense for a change, and they do not like it. Very good work to the alliance for exposing it finally. Most anglers are unaware of the circus going on at these stakeholder meetings.

Attacking salmon enhancement projects across BC also crosses the line last few weeks ,and I think most are now starting to get it. Recreational fishing was always just small part of what is going on in the master plan.

Last edited:
DFO has already accepted it but they are going to add the MCC and first nation feedback as part of the package that goes to the minister for the final decision.

Than the Minister will make a calculation on what the best thing is politically for the Liberals.

IF your in a Liberal Riding the best thing you can do is make sure to tell your local MP that there is no way you will go to the polls and support them if they dont support the SFAB proposal and MSF.

As per my earlier post with Bob Zimmer's video an interview with Jason from Bonchovy. This is the last chance for anybody who cares about access to chinook salmon in the south coast of BC give feedback to their MP, the Fisheries Minister and the prime minister. We need a huge Push by everyone on this forum if we want access to sustainable Fisheries in 2021!

As per my earlier post with Bob Zimmer's video an interview with Jason from Bonchovy. This is the last chance for anybody who cares about access to chinook salmon in the south coast of BC give feedback to their MP, the Fisheries Minister and the prime minister. We need a huge Push by everyone on this forum if we want access to sustainable Fisheries in 2021!

Sent another one to Bernadette this morning !

Read carefully the MCC letter to gain insight into the rationale for their objections to the proposal. Data and lots of it is at the core of establishing a rock solid approach to planning fisheries in such a way as to avoid stocks of concern at places and times where they are encountered in Recreational fisheries. Avoidance based on data is the new norm.

Data is what anglers control, and for some it seems they like to shoot themselves in the foot by ignoring requests to provide DNA data to help resolve stock composition. Everyone should be volunteering to participate in the Avid Angler program. While data will not in all cases lead to fishery opportunities (because there will be places/times we need to avoid), it is the best way forward to plan sustainable fisheries.

More time listening, less time advocating....let's try to understand the objections and respond with objective science. BTW, perhaps a little deeper dive into claims the fishery encounters 50% of Fraser Stocks of Concern across A-28 is in order.

Read carefully the MCC letter to gain insight into the rationale for their objections to the proposal. Data and lots of it is at the core of establishing a rock solid approach to planning fisheries in such a way as to avoid stocks of concern at places and times where they are encountered in Recreational fisheries. Avoidance based on data is the new norm.

Data is what anglers control, and for some it seems they like to shoot themselves in the foot by ignoring requests to provide DNA data to help resolve stock composition. Everyone should be volunteering to participate in the Avid Angler program. While data will not in all cases lead to fishery opportunities (because there will be places/times we need to avoid), it is the best way forward to plan sustainable fisheries.

More time listening, less time advocating....let's try to understand the objections and respond with objective science. BTW, perhaps a little deeper dive into claims the fishery encounters 50% of Fraser Stocks of Concern across A-28 is in order.

I agree on data. On that side I agree.

As for MCC. This time it's completely enough. I was 100 percent onboard until our enhancement volunteers started to get targeted. It's time to question the role of the MCC at the table, and what that role is. One person sitting there representing all these organizations is a bit disturbing if you ask me.

Is this about us or something bigger? Is this personal? I have never ever seen it this bad.

This has become a complete witchhunt by these organizations, and we should all be questioning why.

Its about not pissing of their First Nations allies.

Where is the MCC on topics like IFS steelhead? completely silent, Why? because first nations told them to shut it.

Fraser First Nations are not getting the million plus sockeye each year for FSC/Sales, so they are going after chinook, they want us off the water. MCC is all to happy to align themselves with that agenda.

There is nothing we can say or do that's going to change that.

Its about not pissing of their First Nations allies.

Where is the MCC on topics like IFS steelhead? completely silent, Why? because first nations told them to shut it.

Fraser First Nations are not getting the million plus sockeye each year for FSC/Sales, so they are going after chinook, they want us off the water. MCC is all to happy to align themselves with that agenda.

There is nothing we can say or do that's going to change that.
Well exposing it won’t hurt. I’m sure they watch this thread. Perhaps they got Black Cube on it. At some point the the bs will come to light.
perhaps when they run out of funds from donators that didn’t realize how corrupted to the wrong agenda they gave become.

As for MCC. This time it's completely enough. I was 100 percent onboard until our enhancement volunteers started to get targeted. It's time to question the role of the MCC at the table, and what that role is. One person sitting there representing all these organizations is a bit disturbing if you ask me.

Is this about us or something bigger? Is this personal? I have never ever seen it this bad.

This has become a complete witchhunt by these organizations, and we should all be questioning why.
They are supposed to be the counter to the SFAB and the commercial groups.

However as noted with Steelhead ( which is NOT a DFO concern as it is supposed to be the Province) they are all about themselves and how they can make a living off their stories.

The FN are now understanding how to use them for their own means.

We really got to stop this broad paint brush by some on here that all First Nations agree with groups like this. That is not the case. I grow tired of hearing how bad FN is etc. Lot of employment created across BC do consist of FN members. Did they talk to these people?

Here is video from an MP speaking to a First Nations community on Vancouver Island.

Last edited:

This has become a complete witchhunt by these organizations, and we should all be questioning why.Tim

Time for people to reach out to the PSF and ask hard questions about if some of the $6.00 Salmon Conservation Stamp funds are finding their way to fund any of the member organizations of the MCC! If they are....why?? All funding from recreational sources should dry up.

Here's who the MCC actually is...some may surprise.

Present MCC Steering Committee:

Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society – BC Chapter
David Suzuki Foundation
Living Oceans Society
Pacific Streamkeepers Federation
Raincoast Conservation Foundation
SkeenaWild Conservation Trust
Steelhead Society of British Columbia
Watershed Watch Salmon Society
World Wildlife Fund Canada

Totally agree SV regarding it is time to stop talking about FN's, and vice versa. We need to sit down and talk "with" one another to find ways we can all work together and share both the resource and the responsibility of being good stewards.

Anyone picked up on few things. Skeenawild signed letter. That's interesting. I didn't know the Fraser fishery was in the Skeena river. Also notice they don't have everyone's signature on letter why not?

Back