Maple ridge boat thief !

Ugly Betty

I was woken up at 2:30am this morning to some dirt bag stealing my Lund from my driveway. The tung lock was cut and missing also the chain on the tire rim was missing. Clearly this was scoped out earlier as I didn’t notice those things where missing from the trailer earlier. Anyways the bugger didn’t get it !!!!!!! I caught him just before he put it on the hitch. He fled pretty fast as I chased the truck down the street in my boxers cops said the truck matched the description of one stolen in Pitt Meadows on Friday. Keep an eye out for a mid to late model black Chevrolet pickup. Had the big chrome section across the back of the tailgate with Chevrolet in black letters. Unfortunately I could only get the first two letters of the license plate because I was still so asleep and blurry eyed. 68 was the first two digits but the cop said the plate was probably stolen too. Just a reminder for everyone to be on the lookout and lock things up big time.

Last edited:
That sucks Scotty. glad they didn’t get it. you gotta start packing that shake splitting axe around with ya like the good old days...:mad: that will deter the pricks.

I am pleased that you were able to retain possession of your property. I park my boat in my driveway as well, with a tongue lock and chain as well. It seems that it is no longer enough. I suppose the next thing is a "clamp" for the wheels. I am considering removing the swinging reach extender and then running the trailer wires on the outside of the extender. Jeeze what a lowlife.

Pathetic, if the bad guys want it they will get it no matter how diligent you are in protecting your joys. A few years back I am still looking out the front window to where the poop my truck and camper went. In my case I was told there was a history in August of students stealing the likes and using as transportation to get back to eastern Canada for the fall semester.Go figure.

Pathetic, if the bad guys want it they will get it no matter how diligent you are in protecting your joys. A few years back I am still looking out the front window to where the poop my truck and camper went. In my case I was told there was a history in August of students stealing the likes and using as transportation to get back to eastern Canada for the fall semester.Go figure.

Quebecers. lol

Try sliding a piece of 1/2"re-bar through both rims. They don't get far and makes a hell of a racket.

Currently have all the wheels off my trailer while I replace my bearings. Think I'm going to leave them off until I'm ready to go back in the water next season. Pretty tough to steal a trailer with no wheels...

Better for the trailer as well. Block the axle up and it takes the point pressure off the bearings and races from being in one position all winter.

Oly

Back